Some Hints to Help With Online Registration
• Go to the SIOP Web site (www.siop.org); click on the button “New Orleans 2009 Conference.” Click on the button “Registration.” Detailed instructions follow.
• To register online, SIOP Members/Affiliates will need the username and password that they created. If you forget your username or password you can choose to have an e-mail sent to you, or you can contact the Administrative Office. If you are a nonmember, follow the alternate instructions to search for your name if you have previously attended the SIOP conference or purchased books from SIOP. When doing this search for your name, if you have a problem finding it, try typing in the first few letters of your last name only. If you have a double last name or have recently changed your last name, try searching for both names. If your name is NOT listed, add your information into a new record.
• HINT: “Wild card” asterisks will not work.
• HINT: Use the tab key instead of the enter key to move from field to field.
• HINT: The “Reset” button will clear the current screen of all information.
• WARNING: Do not use the back button! This will disrupt the registration process, and you will have to shut your browser down and start all over again. The back button is specific to your browser.
• WARNING: Review your event choices carefully before you hit the “Proceed” button at any point in the registration process. Once signed up for event(s), you can’t change or cancel them online. You must call the SIOP Administrative Office (419-353-0032) to cancel/change events.
• Two postconference tours occur on Sunday; the software will allow you to sign up for both. Unless you are registering someone else (e.g., spouse) for the tour, please choose ONLY ONE tour.
• You may sign up for one or two Friday Seminars (one AM and one PM). Cost is $80 each.
• WARNING: Multiple users could be online at the same time—what is open now could close while your registration is in process (e.g., workshops, seminar, tour).
• You will be able to add events (such as Friday Seminars, workshops, tours, fun run, placement center) or update your address at any time.
• If you need to pay for an event with a second credit card, finish the registration process for events on the one card, and reenter your SIOP password to go again to the initial Registration screen.
• If registering anonymously for the placement center, make sure you click “yes” and do NOT upload a resumé.
• Your credit card transaction takes place on a secure link to SIOP’s server.
• You may wish to print out the “Conference Registration” page with a summary of your choices/payment information for your records. You will also receive an e-mail confirmation/receipt once your registration is complete.
Back to Conference Home Page