The following must be properly completed and filed before November 1 in order to be considered:
- SIOP Fellow Nominee’s Self Statement—completed by the Nominee, this statement sets forth the accomplishments and their impact on I-O psychology that the Nominee believes justify election as Fellow. The Nominee may be in the best position to help the Fellowship Committee understand in detail his or her work and its impact. A common mistake is that self statements fail to explain the work and the breadth of its impact in the detail required by the Fellowship Committee to properly evaluate the nomination. The Nominator files the self statement using the SIOP Fellows Online Nomination Program.
- Nominee’s Resume/Curriculum Vita—prepared by the Nominee; publications follow APA format; APA Fellow Application procedures, which SIOP follows, requires that an “R” appear in the left margin next to each refereed publication. To be filed by the Nominator using the SIOP Fellows Online nomination program.
- SIOP Uniform Fellow Application —completed by the Nominator online, this includes the basic nomination data.
- Nomination Letter. The Nominator must upload a nomination letter which may also be an Endorsement for the candidate. The nomination letter must indicate what area or areas the nomination is primarily based upon: research, practice, teaching, administration, management and/or service. In addition, good nomination letters lay out the general theme of the case for the Nominee’s election. SIOP Fellow Status Evaluation Worksheet --every Endorser must complete this standard form on the SIOP Fellow nomination tool, which indicates some of the thinking behind the endorsement.
- SIOP Fellow Status Evaluation Form --every Endorser must complete this form. In addition to the endorser data and an indication of how the Endorser knows the Nominee, the form includes space for the endorsement. Endorsements may be typed in this space, or attached as a separate letter. These endorsements are so important in the process that a separate discussion is provided below. Each endorser is requested via e-mail to sign onto the SIOP Fellows Online Nomination Program to upload his/her endorsement letter.
Go to Table of Contents | Nominator/Nominee/Endorser Duties