Summary of Fellowship Requirements and Procedures
- Must be a SIOP Member or International Affiliate in good standing for a minimum of two (2) years at the time of election by the Executive Board.
- Have an earned doctorate from an accredited institution at least ten (10) years prior to election by the Executive Board.
- Evidence that the individual’s contributions have had meaningful, sustained, and unusual impact on the field of industrial and organizational psychology.
- Must be nominated by other Members or Fellows. Self-nomination is not possible.
- Nominator must properly complete Fellowship nomination materials and upload them using the SIOP Fellows Online Nomination Program by November 1.
- All Endorsers must be current paid Members of SIOP. If you cannot locate an Endorser’s name in the SIOP Membership Directory, that member’s dues may not be current. Three (3) Endorsers (minimum, but six (6) maximum) must support a Nominee for Fellow status; three (3) of the Endorsers must be SIOP Fellows in good standing.
- Evaluation is made by the SIOP Fellowship Committee which makes recommendations to the SIOP Executive Board. The Executive Board makes the final decision on Fellowship status. The announcement of new Fellows each year is made at the SIOP Annual Conference and in TIP.
- Examples of the range of practice, research, teaching, administration and service can be found by reading the citations for recent SIOP Fellows.
- Must be a Member of SIOP, but not necessarily a Fellow.
- Must upload Nominee's Self-statement and Curriculum Vitae.
- Must upload the endorsement letters and Endorser Worksheets from at least three Endorsers.
- May also be an Endorser of the candidate. If the Nominator is also an Endorser, the Nominator also completes the “Endorser Worksheet.”
- Must complete the uploading of all nomination materials to the SIOP Fellows Online Nomination Program.
After identifying a candidate for Fellow status, the Nominator coordinates the gathering of Nomination materials. This is a critical role in the nomination process; the Fellowship Committee depends on the Nominator to assure that all materials are filled out properly and filed on time. Nominators must familiarize themselves with the requirements for Fellowship and assure that all procedures are followed meticulously. We urge Nominators to read these instructions carefully—Nominators are responsible for assuring proper completion and timely filing of the nomination materials using the SIOP Fellows Online Nomination Program.
Nominators must be Members of SIOP, but not necessarily Fellows themselves. Nominators will ordinarily also be Endorsers of the Candidate, and the Nominator may be one of the required three (3) SIOP Fellows who endorse the candidate.
Go to Table of Contents | Timetable for Fellow Nomination