Industry, Gov., Consulting
About the Organization
I/O Solutions is a human resources consulting firm and national test publisher located just outside Chicago in suburban Westchester, IL. I/O Solutions’ products and services can be categorized into three distinct areas: 1) development, marketing and sale of off-the-shelf examinations/assessment tools, 2) development of custom public-sector entry-level and promotional testing/assessment tools, and 3) third-party recruiting, application processing, test administration and secondary screening assistance for municipalities. Functions one and two are provided under the name I/O Solutions, while function three is provided as a service of I/O Solutions under the name Public Safety Recruitment (PSR). Our consulting division specializes in the development, validation and implementation of selection systems for clients in the public sector (particularly police, fire and other public safety agencies). We work with the largest municipalities in the U.S. to develop entry-level written examinations, structured interviews, promotional job-knowledge examinations, SJTs, assessment centers, performance evaluation systems and similar tools.
Compensation for the position is based on experience, education, knowledge and skill set. We offer an excellent benefit package to include premium health-care, dental, 401k (with employer contribution), bonuses, annual company outings, as well as other benefits. We pride ourselves on our ingenuity, attention to detail in working with clients, responsiveness to client needs and our reputation in the realm of public-safety testing. In addition, we strongly value our organizational culture as a fun, fast-paced and energetic work environment! While our culture is relatively informal, our expectations are not. I/O Solutions is a small group of dedicated professionals, and we are looking to expand our consulting team with individuals who share our work values!
About the Job
We are currently seeking a full-time Consulting Associate with the consulting team. This position requires some technical responsibilities and many administrative responsibilities but offers an excellent learning opportunity for a candidate interested in high-stakes selection. This position will require immediate immersion in a consulting/project management role with a primary focus on customized written examination development projects. As members of a small firm, our team members are expected to perform in multiple capacities and flexibility is paramount. Consulting Associates can expect 20-30% out-of-state travel.
- Assist with large-scale examination administrations
- Review and proof written exam plans.
- Check publisher status regarding textbooks.
- Proof examination study guides and other critical announcements.
- Prepare materials for written examination SME meetings.
- Input Angoff & CVR (and other linkage data) from item-review meetings.
- When possible, review item-review meeting data and help “prepare” final written examination specifications for technical writers.
- When possible, make changes to written examination items in preparation for final exam.
- Prepare for written examinations.
- Administer written examinations, conduct post-test review and appeal sessions. .
- Create examination score keys and SPSS scoring “code”; Conduct SPSS examination scoring; Proof examination scoring
- Serve as primary recruiter for assessment centers. Make recruiting calls, manage recruitment process and handle day-to-day record keeping associated with this function. Consult with project manager on regular basis to provide status updates and to finalize assessor pool.
- When necessary, make all travel-related arrangements for assessors while holding to relevant company fiscal guidelines.
- Aiding with assessment center scheduling to include proofing assessment schedules for flow and critical errors.
- Review and proofing on assessment center materials.
- Creating/modification of administrative materials related to assessment center administration.
- Coordinate printing, organize and bind all assessment related materials.
- Collect general AC materials, pack and ship to site. Coordinate any shipping logistics.
- Secure AC meeting space when needed; Coordinate with AC hotel regarding meeting room details and other critical arrangements regarding the AC.
- Travel with project managers and assist with on-site assessment center coordination and activities.
- Enter assessment center data. Proof data-entry; Proof final AC scores.
- Prepare feedback reports after assessment center.
Job Analysis & Kick-off Meetings
- Compile important information from project kick-off meetings.
- Travel to client sites to conduct job analysis interviews; Document results from interviews and summarize all interview related content.
- After job analysis task statements are created, finalize job analysis questionnaire documents.
- Proof JAQs.
- Distribute JAQs and serve as JAQ collection point.
- Input (data entry) job analysis data; Use I/O proprietary systems to analyze JAQ results.
- Coordinate shipping and printing.
- Review and proof client documents.
- Book consultant travel when asked.
- Document conference call activities. Participate and observe kick-off meetings.
Critical Skills and Abilities and Other Requirements
- Ability to work quickly/efficiently on tasks, while maintaining a meticulous and uncompromising attention to detail (proofing and data-entry)
- Strong initiate and self-management skill; High level of responsibility and willingness to take responsibility for assigned projects
- Willingness to seek information about projects, actively engage in your training (seek out information during training), and consistently build on your knowledge base without prompt
- Professional presence and demeanor; strong customer service orientation is essential
- Strong quality focus
- Strong skills related to Microsoft Office products (i.e., Excel, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills—Ability to fit seamlessly with co-workers and to project a strong/positive client orientation
- Strong oral communication skills
- Strong written communication skills needed to develop technical documentation, assessment exercises, supporting assessment documents, etc.
- Moderate organizational skill
- Moderate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Current enrollment in a M.S./M.A. or Ph.D. program in Industrial/Organization Psychology is desired, though not required
- A strong interest in personnel selection and psychometrics is desired
- An ability and willingness to travel is desired. This includes the potential for out-of-state travel as needed.
This is a new position posted October 9th, 2012. Interested applicants should send a one-page cover letter, resume and either salary expectations or salary history to email@example.com. The subject line of the email must read Consulting Associate Position. If the subject line is not input as directed the application will not be processed.
Industrial/Organizational Solutions, Inc.
1127 S. Mannheim Rd. Ste 203
Westchester, IL 60154
I/O Solutions values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Industrial/Organizational Solutions, Inc. www.iosolutions.org and www.publicsafetyrecruitment.com