Industry, Gov., Consulting
Professional Services Managing Consultant
About the Organization
SHL is the global leader in talent measurement. SHL’s unrivaled assessment science and People Intelligence give customers the actionable insight they need to make the smart talent acquisition and mobility decisions that drive measurable business results and sustainable competitive advantage. Building on a foundation of 50 years of market leadership, innovation and expertise, SHL delivers more than 25 million scientifically proven selection and development assessments per year in 30+ languages. Offering the broadest global footprint in the industry, SHL deploys solutions in 150 countries and maintains a local presence in more than 50 countries.
About the Job
The Professional Services Managing Consultant provides I-O technical guidance to internal and external stakeholders and executes consulting projects relating to the development, implementation, and evaluation of screening and selection programs. The Managing Consultant reports to the Manager of Consulting Solutions.
- Planning, executing, and documenting consulting projects related to clients' pre-employment or employee assessment needs.
- Serving as an expert resource to clients or internal stakeholders about issues related to employee assessment, selection, or development.
- Collaborating with the Sales Department to develop new Professional Services business
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the field (including empirical research, industry trends, and competitors), as well as contributing to the development of the field through publications or presentations at professional conferences.
- Contributing to the ongoing definition and development of Professional Services' offerings and methodologies, as well as to the broader product development efforts of the organization (e.g., assessments, automated tools, etc.)
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Required when entering position:
- Data Management and Statistical Analyses
- Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- Employment Law
Learn while in training or on the job:
- Business Acumen
- Consulting Processes
- Sales and Business Development
4+ years of relevant work experience, including:
- Job analysis
- Test/ survey design
- Selection system development and / or evaluation
- Relevant work within business/ industry
- Demonstrated skill with SPSS
- Experience planning and executing consulting projects
- Advanced training in Industrial and Organizational Psychology or a related field (PhD preferred), or equivalent work experience.