Industry, Gov., Consulting
Director, Talent Management & Organizational Effec
About the Organization
We think aluminum is a miracle metal. And we like to think of Aleris as a miracle worker, which is what we strive to be for the people and companies depending on us.
What’s so special about aluminum? Aluminum is strong, lightweight, durable, flexible, extremely versatile, impermeable, corrosion resistant, an excellent conductor of electricity, non magnetic, non combustible, an abundant element in the earth’s crust and infinitely recyclable. Aluminum has unlimited potential to be part of the solutions that help society progress.
Our job at Aleris is to help achieve those solutions in partnership with our employees, customers and investors. What makes us special is the quality, customization, culture and creativity we bring to the table.
About the Job
Aleris International Inc. is a privately-held, global leader in aluminum rolled products and extrusions, aluminum recycling and specification alloy production. Headquartered in Beachwood, Ohio, the company operates more than 40 production facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Our Human Resources department is seeking to add a talented Director of Talent Management and Organizational Effectiveness to its team at our Corporate Headquarters. This individual will be responsible for flawlessly executing global talent management processes and creating organizational capabilities to support Aleris’ corporate and business group objectives. Partner with regional/local HR and their business leaders to determine local/regional organizational and functional talent development needs. Act as a senior change agent by working with key stakeholders to lead the rollout, sustainability and evaluation of Aleris’ talent management and organizational effectiveness programs including Aleris’ front-line leader boot camp, plant and regional level organizational capability assessments and high potential identification process, succession planning and career development tools, the employee engagement survey process, and standardized talent acquisition processes.
Job Title: Director, Talent Management & Organizational Effectiveness
Business/Functional Area: Human Resources – Corporate
Location: Beachwood, OH
Relocation Available: Yes
Date Opened: 11/15/12
- Drive the implementation of talent management projects and develop key organizational development processes, tools, and guidelines that enable continuous improvements.
- Provide performance management, succession planning, and talent calibration support to HR and leadership.
- Partner with HR leaders to successfully implement talent and organizational effectiveness processes.
- Assist HR leaders and their clients to make talent decisions based on the strategic direction of the business.
- Work with local HR to create talent management tools and/or programs specific to their business challenges.
- Provide consultation on developing and/or revising local talent management metrics or scorecards.
- Lead talent management processes and measure effectiveness utilizing operational excellence tools.
- Continuously assess the business to determine talent issues that require organizational attention or focus.
- Proactively examine talent and culture data, deliver analysis, communicate trends and recommendations.
- Provide expert consultation to HR and senior management regarding the development of employee and/or candidate assessments, measurement, and program evaluation strategies.
- A Masters or Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources.
- Five to seven years of experience creating and implementing talent management processes, programs, and metrics for medium to large companies; preferably in the manufacturing industry. A prior role in Human Resources, Organization Development, Training and Development or Human Resources Research is required.
- Facilitation of leadership, management, and employee development programs.
- Experience implementing medium to large scale change initiatives.
- Experience launching and sustaining performance management programs.
- Knowledge of business, key financial measures, and/or operations management.
- Experience with survey or item design, methodology, and validation.
- Highly focused on job priorities and customer needs.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong leadership skills and a team player; not hierarchical.
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Hands-on and pragmatic.
- High pace, high energy, and proactive.
- Entrepreneurship; takes initiative.
- Possess financial and business acumen; great quantitative skills.
- Builds networks and relationships to get things done.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Demonstrates a passion for success and strives to exceed expectations; ambitious.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge in the Microsoft Office suite (e.g. MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, etc.).
- Ability to travel globally.
· Talent assessment and selection systems; employee value propositions and onboarding.
· Multi-rater assessment instruments, high performance team evaluations, and career development.
· Training and development certifications in AchieveGlobal, DDI, PDI, Blessing White, and/or CCL.
· Survey design, testing and measurement. Pre-employment testing in a manufacturing environment for hourly production and management roles.