Location: McLean, VA (DC Metro) or Wilmington, DE
As a Senior HR Selection Consultant supporting Capital One's state of the art, progressive Selection Program, you will work with other I/O Psychologists and HR Leaders to identify, develop, validate, implement, and maintain employee selection tools and processes. These tools and processes help ensure that Capital One secures top talent across multiple levels and areas of the company.
The ideal candidate will display a strong balance of analytical and problem solving skills, business consulting and presentation skills, communication and interpersonal competencies, and the ability to work in a dynamic team environment. You will serve as a subject matter expert regarding the assessment industry, professional standards, employee selection policies and procedures, test validation methods and models, and innovative assessment solution options.
As a Senior HR Selection Consultant, your main responsibilities will include:
- Consulting with business areas and recruiting partners to understand talent acquisition needs and developing a strategy for meeting those needs
- Designing, developing and validating practical, effective, defensible and candidate friendly selection tools and processes
- Managing and conducting job analyses, test validation and other selection related projects
- Analyzing and monitoring selection process data and results
- Preparing reports and summaries for management and program stakeholders
- Ensuring selection tools and processes are properly designed, documented and implemented to meet business needs and professional standards
- Developing business cases to define need and influence acceptance/adoption of selection strategies and initiatives
- Training and coaching HR associates and hiring teams on selection practices and tools
- People management responsibilities
Some travel required