Marriott International, Inc.
Internship, Talent Mgmt Analytics & Solutions
About the Organization
Marriott International offers you the
opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's
right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 18 brands
you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries
across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
Marriott is consistently
recognized as an employer of choice by Working Mother,
DiversityInc., and LatinaStyle magazine among others. FORTUNE
magazine recognized Marriott as one of its “100 Best Companies to
Work For”, for the twelfth consecutive
year. Marriott International is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce and sustaining an inclusive
About the Job
This is a one-year
full-time internship position reporting to the Manager – Talent
Management Analytics & Solutions (TMAS). The qualified applicant will support the ongoing
development and implementation of Global Talent Management
programs, with a specific emphasis on selection-related
work. This role will include:
supporting processes and tools that help the organization to hire,
develop, manage, and engage employees; participating in the testing
and deployment of new non-management and management selection
processes and assessment tools that align with job analytics and
identify best talent for the company; and supporting business as
usual processing (BAU) in support of job creation (e.g., writes job
descriptions, manages large databases, and inputs data into
applicant tracking systems). The scope of this work crosses
Marriott brands and Continent organizations.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Talent Management Programs and
- Supports the ongoing development and implementation of Global
Talent Management programs.
- Supports processes and tools that help the organization to
hire, develop, manage, and engage employees.
- Participates in the testing and deployment of new assessment
tools that align with job analytics and identify best talent for
- Provides support for the development and execution of robust
communication, change management and sustainability plans spanning
the full project life cycle to support the effective deployment of
new initiatives, processes and tools and ensure organizational
endorsement, user adoption and optimization throughout the
- Supports business as usual processing (BAU) in support of job
creation (e.g., writes job descriptions, and inputs data into
applicant tracking systems).
Managing Databases and Conducting Statistical
- Uses HR systems and data to generate reports and analyses that
inform, evaluate or otherwise provide value to the business.
- Assists in utility and business impact analyses for selection
systems and other HR-sponsored programs.
- Supports data collection and analysis, development of
recommendations and action plans, and provides support for
implementation and ongoing evaluation.
- Performs statistical analyses using SPSS.
Contributing to Continuous Process and Tool
- Uses HR systems and tools (e.g., web applications, software,
surveys) in accordance with company standards and policies as well
as industry best practices.
- Identifies and implements ways to improve work processes and
- Participates in all technology development, testing, and system
Building Relationships with Customers and Business
- Supports cross-functional teams to include members from HR
Centers of Expertise (COEs), brand organizations, and operational
disciplines to continuously improve the approach to talent
selection and development practices.
- Educates HR COE and market leaders on how to maximize hiring
tool reporting capabilities to evaluate trends and translate into
information to support decision making.
- Assists senior business and HR executives in the effective
deployment of new processes and tools by: providing overall change
management support; assisting in the communication of
organizational goals and system benefits; working with others to
identify and remove barriers to success; and tracking and sharing
- Manage relationships with internal partners and external
vendors to ensure compliance with program/project requirements as
outlined in project plans, contracts, and timelines.
Education and Experience
- A Masters degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or
closely related field preferred.
- Ph.D. student preferred.
- Coursework in areas such as personnel selection, job
analysis techniques, competency modeling, change management,
performance appraisal, survey design, statistical analysis using
SPSS and employment law relevant to personnel selection and
performance evaluation preferred.
- Skilled with MS Office (e.g., Excel, Word) and statistical
software packages (e.g., SPSS).
for this job, please go to https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
in the appropriate field simply enter Job Opening number
If you are interested in
applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User
Name" and “Password”.