Industry, Gov., Consulting
Senior HR Reporting & Analytics Analyst
About the Organization
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company and John Middleton. The companies' premium tobacco brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal and Black & Mild. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country's top premium wine producers and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria's mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
About the Job
Altria Client Services' role is to help Altria Group and its operating companies responsibly meet their business goals by providing the high-quality services they require in a financially disciplined way. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Senior HR Reporting & Analytics Analyst to join our Talent Systems & Reporting department in Richmond, VA. The successful individual will provide analytic and consultative support to the HR function that will help improve the organization, generating unique people/business insights into action. Will extract, model, analyze and report human capital insights. This creative problem solver will possess the technical expertise to integrate HR analytics into the fabric of business decision making. Will develop analytics used in scenario modeling for use in HR related decision making and impact analysis, linking workforce data to business growth. This role will package information for regular updates to senior management as well as collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive efficiency and effectiveness of metrics and reporting. The ideal candidate will thrive on working with data to tell a story and can demonstrate experience answering complex questions for a senior audience. Specific accountabilities include:
- Designing and producing HR analytics and reporting
- Conducting HR predictive analytics, data analysis and interpretation of trends to initiate proactive human capital planning
- Analyzing data for key trends and prepare well-written, concise executive summaries related to reporting
- Translating business issues into data requests
- Packaging information to clearly illustrate progress and opportunities
- Keeping abreast of trends and changes in metrics and analytics practices
- Proactively suggesting applicable metrics or calculations to address human capital related topics
- Serving on cross-functional project teams and collaborating with professionals to achieve specific project goals. May also lead cross-functional project teams
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience executing human capital metrics and predictive analytics; related experience in statistical modeling is desired
- Proficient in the generation and analysis of metrics for all phases of the talent lifecycle, including talent acquisition and development
- Ability to create compelling, executive ready presentations and explain analytic summaries; experience routinely presenting to executives is desired
- Thorough understanding of the effective visual communication of data with proven analytical, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to influence the decision making process through analytic insights, transfer knowledge and skills formally and informally and work with and protect highly sensitive data in a confidential manner
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel (Macros, Pivot tables, graphs, VLOOKUP), PowerPoint, SAP or similar HRIS system, Access, Kenexa Brass Ring, Business Objects; experience with analysis software like SAS, SPSS, Minitab, Tableau is preferred
- Experience with Web enabled, self-service reporting technology is a plus
At Altria Client Services', we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement. In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs, as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each company in the Altria family is an equal opportunity employer who considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or other legally protected characteristic.