Applications must be submitted online on or before November 15th. Applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete packets, will not be considered.
To be considered for the Personnel Research Psychology Intern Program, you must submit a complete application package that includes:
- Official transcripts (unofficial is acceptable if legible)
- A resume
To submit the resume, you must use our resume builder and include the following information under the respective section (you cannot upload a resume):
- Past and current employment
- Volunteer work
- Extracurricular activities
- School activities
- Current college/university, current major, expected degree (Bachelors, Masters, PhD) and graduation date, overall GPA
- Previous degrees, college/university attended, major, grad date, overall GPA (if applicable)
- If completing undergraduate degree in Dec 13 or May 14, and immediately pursuing graduate school, include college/university, expected degree and grad date
- Enter relevant training courses you have taken or will be taking during the spring 14 semester
Licenses and Certifications
- List any relevant licenses and certification (excluding drivers license)
- List any relevant foreign languages (computer languages should be listed under resume supplemental details)
Resume Supplemental Details
- This is the "catch all" block. Anything you want us to know that is not already captured, include here (i.e., computer languages, eagle scout, etc.)
IMPORTANT: When applying online, you may only submit your resume by completing the online resume builder. Please email the additional requested documentation to Summer_Interns@nsa.gov or by mail at the following address:
National Security Agency
Office of Recruitment
9800 Savage Road, Suite 6678
Fort Meade, MD 20755-6678
Attn: Personnel Research Psychology Intern Program
Applications are not complete without the requested documentation.
If you have questions about the Personnel Research Psychology Intern Program, please contact us at the address above or call 1-866-NSA-HIRE. You may also e-mail Summer_Interns@nsa.gov or call (410) 854-4726.
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.