Best Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender (LGBT) Research Award
In recognition of the best paper or poster on a lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender issue presented at the annual SIOP conference.
This annual award is given to the author(s) of a paper or poster accepted for presentation at the annual SIOP conference. This award honors papers or posters that further the field’s understanding of LGBT issues within the workplace and represents theoretical and technical rigor.
The recipient of the award receives a plaque and a $1,000 cash prize (to be split in the case of multiple recipients).
Criteria for Evaluation of Submissions
Papers or posters accepted for presentation at the annual SIOP conference will be evaluated in terms of the following criteria:
- Have a sound basis in science, theory, and/or practice.
- Increase our understanding of workplace issues faced by LGBT employees.
- Offer practical guidance to organizations seeking to improve the workplace experiences of LGBT employees.
- Extend and broaden our theoretical and/or empirical knowledge of sexual identity in the workplace.
- Represent technical adequacy, including issues of internal validity, external validity, appropriate methodology, appropriate statistical analyses, comprehensiveness of review (if the publication is a literature review, and/or theoretical rigor and soundness.
Guidelines for Submission of Publications
- To apply for the award, check the “LGBT Award” box when submitting for the conference.
- Full members of the SIOP LGBT Ad-Hoc Committee will review submissions and determine the winner of the award.
- In the case that one of the full members of the LGBT Ad-Hoc Committee has submitted a paper for consideration, he or she will not be a reviewer.
Updated: 25 April 2017