Call for Papers
Special Issue of the Journal of Managerial Psychology
Employment Discrimination against Immigrants
Guest Editor: Joerg Dietz, University of Western Ontario
Psychological research on the treatment of immigrants in the workplace is sparse. To fill this gap, this Special Issue of the Journal of Managerial Psychology seeks conceptual papers, empirical papers, and critical commentaries that include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
• Factors that influence the recruitment and selection of immigrant applicants, including the evaluation of immigrants’ credentials and skills
• Antecedents and outcomes of the experiences and the treatment of immigrants in the workplace
• Joint and interactive effects of immigrant status and other demographic criteria (e.g., ethnicity, sex, and religion) on organizational outcomes
• Cultural diversity and organizational effectiveness
• Factors that influence the retention of immigrant employees
• Evaluation of practices for the integration of immigrants at work
• Cross-cultural perspectives on the treatment of immigrant employees
Submissions should be between 3,000 and 6,000 words. The deadline for submissions is July 31, 2008.
Submissions are requested by email attachment to Kay Sutcliffe, JMP Editorial Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.