New Editor Sought for Industrial and Organizational Psychology:
Perspectives on Science and Practice
SIOP is now soliciting nominations for the position of IOP editor. The new editor will be selected by the Publications Board and approved by the Executive Board in September, 2011.
The new editor-in-training would begin working with the current editor, Cynthia McCauley, beginning January 2012, and assumes duty for three volumes beginning April 2012.
The editor must be a SIOP Member or International Affiliate. Any SIOP Member or International Affiliate can nominate for the editorship. Self-nominations are also welcome.
Because the format of the journal is relatively novel, the requirements for the editorship are a little different from other editorships. The editor must have:
- a very broad knowledge of the field and its inhabitants
- knowledge of the various sides that exist regarding important issues
- a plan for publishing papers that are high in quality and of interest within and outside I-O
- the organizational skills necessary to manage a large journal
- sufficient time to devote to the journal on a regular and uninterrupted basis for 3 years
Complete information for nominees is available at www.siop.org/journal/editor.aspx.
If you are interested in serving as editor of one of SIOP’s most influential publications, or if you know someone who might, submit your nomination via e-mail by January 1, 2011 to Scott Highhouse (firstname.lastname@example.org), SIOP Publications Officer.