Foundation Funding Opportunities Open Oct. 4
Beginning October 4, proposals should be submitted online here by December 15, 2010. This deadline is for the following SIOP Foundation student and member awards, grants, scholarships, and fellowships:
• Small Grant Program-Provides funding for academic–practitioner research; $20,000 available (maximum of $7,500 per grant).
• Raymond A. Katzell Award in I-O Psychology-This award is designed to recognize a SIOP member who, in a major way, has shown to the general public the importance of work done by I-O psychology for addressing social issues, that is, research that makes a difference for people ($3,000 award).
• Douglas W. Bray and Ann Howard Grant-This grant is designed to support research on assessment center methods as well as research into the development of managers and leaders. The grant may focus on the assessment method (e.g., simulations and other techniques that rely on the observation of behavior), the content area of interest (e.g., managerial career advancement, leadership development), or preferably both. Award size is up to $10,000.
• Graduate Student Scholarships (GSS)-Provide scholarships of $9,500 to graduate students in I-O or related field; two GSS available ($3,000) and Lee Hakel ($3,500).
• Leslie W. Joyce and Paul W. Thayer Graduate Student Fellowship-Provides support for graduate students in I-O psychology whose focus is training/development and/or selection/placement; $10,000 available.
Additional information regarding program focus, eligibility criteria, and submission guidelines for each of these programs can be found in the October 2010 issue of TIP or online here. Awards will be presented at the 26th SIOP Annual Conference in 2011 in Chicago.
Please direct all questions regarding research funding to Awards Committee Chair Anna Erickson, firstname.lastname@example.org.