Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award 2012 Call for Papers
The International Leadership Association (ILA) and the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) are co-sponsors of the annual Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award to recognize outstanding unpublished papers by undergraduate and graduate students. The winner will receive:
- $1,000 prize
- Complimentary travel and lodging (up to 2 nights) to ILA’s annual conference
- 1-year ILA membership
- Recognition at the ILA conference and in ILA publications
Submissions may be empirically or conceptually based. The paper should focus on some aspect of leadership or leadership development.
Submissions will be judged by the degree to which: 1) the paper addresses issues that are significant to the study of leadership; 2) the paper considers relevant theoretical and empirical literature; 3) the paper makes a conceptual or empirical contribution; 4) the research has applications to leadership identification and development.
Papers must be authored and submitted by graduate or undergraduate students only. All authors must currently be students or must have graduated within 1-year prior to the submission deadline of Friday, June 15, 2012. CCL staff and papers submitted to other CCL awards are ineligible. All entrants must:
1. 1. Provide a letter on organizational letterhead from one faculty member certifying that a student wrote the paper;
2. Submit two PDFs electronically;
1. the first PDF should include the names of author(s) and the title of the paper. This document should be the only one that shows the name of the author(s).
2. the second PDF should include the author’s full mailing and email addresses, title of the paper and the paper itself.
Papers are limited to 30 double-spaced pages, excluding title page, abstract, figures, tables, and references. Please follow the APA style manual.
Deadline: Friday June 15, 2012. The winning paper will be announced at the ILA’s 14th Annual Global Conference in Denver, CO on October 24-27, 2012.
Submit entries to: ClarkAward@ccl.org.