Composition of Committee
The SIOP Awards Committee Chair will appoint a Dunnette Prize Subcommittee Chair to oversee the review of nominations. Major Contributors to the Dunnette fund may recommend a committee member. Lead Contributors to the fund can name a member to the committee who may or may not be a member of SIOP. The following criteria apply to the committee:
- Should comprise recognized experts in I-O psychology.
- Should comprise primarily SIOP professional members.
- Should comprise a majority of committee members who are independent, that is, they were not recommended to serve by Major Contributors or appointed to serve on the committee by Lead Contributors.
The following administrative procedures apply:
- The Dunnette Prize Subcommittee will review the nomination materials of all nominees and make a recommendation to the SIOP Executive Board concerning the recipient of the Dunnette Prize.
- SIOP Executive Board may either endorse or reject the recommendations of the Awards Committee but may not substitute a nominee of its own.
- Dunnette Prize Subcommittee members may not be recipients of the award during their tenure on the committee.
- The named committee member(s) of Lead Contributor(s) may not participate in the review process if a person from their family or employer is being considered for the Dunnette Prize.
- In the absence of a nominee who is deemed deserving of the award by the Dunnette Prize Subcommittee, the award may be withheld and a recommendation will not be presented to the SIOP Executive Board.
SIOP Foundation Home Page