Why Choose SIOP Membership?
- Our mission is to enhance human well-being and performance in organizational and work settings by promoting the science, practice, and teaching of industrial-organizational (I-O) psychology.
- We are a unique community that aligns professionals with cutting-edge research and applied insights on what most impacts workplace productivity.
- As the premier professional association dedicated to advancing the field of I-O psychology, we have more than 8,000 members around the world who already know the value of a SIOP membership to their career and educational pursuits.
What value does SIOP membership provide?
For a fraction of the cost of membership in other professional associations, your low dues payment of $100 (professional members) or $50 (student/retired members) provides numerous benefits.
- Subscriptions to keep you up-to-date with the latest issues facing the I-O profession
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice (IOP), the official quarterly journal of I-O psychology
- The Industrial-Organizational Psychologist (TIP), a digital, quarterly news publication
- Newsbriefs, a monthly e-newsletter
- Affordable subscription rate for the member-only SIOP Research Access (SRA) service, which includes access to three EBSCO databases as well as the SIOP Learning Center
- Networking and visibility opportunities to expand your reach and contacts in the field:
- SIOP Annual Conference and Leading Edge Consortium
- my.SIOP Member Community
- The SIOP Exchange (I-O blog)
- Media Resources database*
- Committee volunteer positions
- Financial incentives to help you further your career without breaking the bank:
- Significant member savings on annual conference and workshop registration fees
- 20% discount on most publications offered through the SIOP Store
- A low subscription price for resumé postings on JobNet and the Placement Center
- Grant, award, and scholarship funds exclusively available to SIOP members
The benefits listed above are extended to SIOP members of all statuses, with the exception of Media Resources, in which Student Affiliates may not be listed.
Who is eligible for SIOP membership?
There are a variety of requirements for attaining SIOP membership, which are outlined in the complete membership criteria at http://www.siop.org/joinsiop.aspx. The bottom of that page contains information regarding how to submit your membership application.
How do I pay dues?
Student Affiliate dues can be paid at the time of application. Professional membership dues are paid only after an applicant is notified of approval for membership, which may take 6-8 weeks. Please review the dues payments schedule at https://www.siop.org/Dues/payment.aspx before applying for a SIOP membership.
We hope you will apply today to begin your career-enhancing membership in SIOP.