Registration Now Open for 2013 Leading Edge Consortium
One of the critical needs of organizations in the coming years is the development of the exceptional talent in top leadership in order to meet business objectives. Companies recognizing the importance of implementing leadership and talent management strategies are the companies most likely to successfully navigate the environment to enjoy sustained success.
The Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology’s 9th annual Leading Edge Consortium, "Building Future Leaders: Innovations and Trends in Talent Management," is designed to provide key strategies and best practices that HR managers and business leaders can use in their own organizations. Attendees will hear from a select list of experts who will relate the best talent management practices for identifying, developing and retaining leaders.
“The Leading Edge meeting has been refined and refocused,” said Executive Director Dave Nershi. “We’re exploring the core I-O issue of leadership development and talent management and gearing the program to mid-career and senior practitioners. The program is not just about advancing I-O practice and practitioner skills, but also about making connections.”
In addition to a line-up of outstanding presenters, the meeting will feature a number of quick-paced “lightning round” sessions to explore creative practices in the key areas of assessment, formal leadership development, learning through job experience, learning from others, and leadership at the top. The format is based on the popular Ignite sessions offered at the SIOP Annual Conference.
The LEC meeting provides an opportunity to learn about the power of effective talent management, cutting-edge techniques, and best practices at companies known for talent management and leadership development. It is an opportunity not just to hear presentations but to exchange ideas and best practices with respected peers.
Planned topics include:
- The Business Case for Leadership and Talent Development
- Leadership Development: A CHRO View
- Innovations in Assessment
- Leadership Development: Formal Development
- Leadership Development: Learning from Job Experience
- Leadership Development: Learning through Others (Coaching, Mentoring, Peer Groups, etc.)
- Building Talent Mindset
- Leadership at the Top of the Organization
- Big Data: Leadership applications, how it will shape leadership development and talent management in the next decade.
- Leadership 2020
Registration is now open for this event, which will take place Oct. 18-19 at the Omni Richmond Hotel in Richmond, VA.
SIOP’s Leading Edge Consortium brings together highly regarded practitioners, researchers, and HR executives to examine issues in an intimate setting that fosters stimulating dialogue among colleagues. Each presentation takes place in general session, a setting conducive to interaction with presenters and networking with leaders in the I-O field.
The team for this year’s Leading Edge Consortium includes:
- Jeffrey J. McHenry - Consortium Chair, Principal, Rainier Leadership Solutions
- Erica I. Desrosiers, Senior Director, Global Talent Management, Walmart
- Michelle A. Donovan, Director, Google
- David H. Oliver, VP, Talent Management & Dev., Frito-Lay North America
- Robert A. Schmieder, Sr. Director, Talent Management, Microsoft
- Christopher T. Rotolo, Senior Director, PepsiCo
- Suzanne Tsacoumis, Vice President, HumRRO
Speakers will be announced at a later date.
The consortium includes lunch on Friday and Saturday, breaks, and receptions on Thursday and Friday evening. Registration is $425 on or before August 29. After the early registration deadline the cost is $495.
For more information on the 2013 Leading Edge Consortium, click here.