5 Reasons You Should Join Us in Hawaii This May
Each year, industrial-organizational psychology students flock to the SIOP conference for the exceptional program, abundant networking, and a chance to interact at the premier event in I-O psychology.
SIOP would like to see its students again this year at the 29th Annual Conference May 15-17 in Honolulu. If you need more information, you can click here to find it on the program information page, or continue reading for five important facts SIOP Student Affiliates should know about this year’s event:
- You Get a Special Rate-SIOP’s Student Affiliates get a special registration rate of $145 ($135 early bird rate!). This rate is a huge discount off the professional and nonmember rates, so take advantage of being a student while you can!
- Student Volunteers-If you are looking for a way to meet other students AND make extra money at the conference, consider signing up at registration to become a student volunteer. You can learn more about volunteering at SIOP here.
- Placement Center-Whether you are a graduating student looking for your first professional position or you are seeking an internship, SIOP 2014 offers on-site assistance with your career search. Take advantage of Placement Center to connect with employers and even interview on site.
- Opportunity Toolkit-We know you are on a budget—and we can help! We’ve put together an Opportunity Toolkit for SIOP 2014 that includes tips for budgeting your trip so you can have a unique and informative experience without breaking the bank.
- SIOP Social Media-If you are looking to share a hotel room, we have ways to help you find a roommate! Check out the my.SIOP Conference Forum and Facebook event page to find a roommate. Share your conference-related questions or comments and connect before we get to Hawaii!
If you are saying goodbye to your student title by earning your PhD this year, you should also consider participating in the Graduate Hooding Ceremony on the beautiful grounds of the Hilton Hawaii Village!