Sign Up Now Open for Practitioner Speed and Group Mentoring!
The Practitioner Mentoring Program has experienced great success the last few years, and SIOP is currently welcoming all interested practitioners to participate as protégés and interact with an accomplished set of mentors!
This year, three Practitioner Mentoring options are available:
Speed Mentoring: At the SIOP conference (Friday, May 16, 4-6 p.m.), practitioners will participate in two 30-minute roundtable topic-driven discussions guided by seasoned mentors.
Group Mentoring: Protégé groups will meet with mentors virtually on a monthly basis, June to December, 2014.
Combination of Speed and Group Mentoring: Protégés will meet with mentors face-to-face during the Speed Mentoring Program before engaging in the longer Group Mentoring Program.
Mentoring offers a terrific opportunity for protégés to seek practitioner- and/or research-oriented guidance and instructions from mentors who have “been there and done that.”
The requirements to participate as a protégé are:
- Current SIOP Member, Associate, or International Affiliate (Student Affiliates are not eligible to participate)
- Currently employed in an I-O related job
- Committed and dedicated to attend mentoring sessions (i.e., at SIOP Conference for Speed Mentoring, virtually once a month for Group Mentoring from June through December)
- Flexible to meet with the group at times convenient for most participants (applies to Group Mentoring only)
- Being prepared for meetings (e.g., completing agreed upon assignments/activities in Group Mentoring)
Please be respectful of the mentors and other protégés’ time by signing up only if you are sure you can attend the mentoring sessions; otherwise allow others to make use of this opportunity.
Complete and submit your sign-up form here. You will review and select your mentoring program and topic preferences during this sign-up process. Spots are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline to complete and submit your application is April 18, 2014.
If you have any questions regarding the Practitioner Speed or Group Mentoring Programs, or if you would like to serve as a mentor, please contact Maya Garza at firstname.lastname@example.org or Karina Hui-Walowitz at email@example.com.