Early Registration Ends June 30!
The APA Convention is August 7-10 in Washington, DC, and here are 10 reasons you need to join us there!
10. Reaffirm your psychologist identity by checking out relevant research and practice that is happening in other APA divisions. SIOP’s APA program committee has identified more than 40 sessions being put on by other divisions that are of particular relevance to our work as I-O psychologists.
9. Double dip your conference travel by spending time with our business school colleagues at the Academy of Management Annual Meeting in Philadelphia and then, after a pleasant AMTRAK ride to DC, spend time with our psychology colleagues at the APA Convention.
8. Nerd out with other like-minded folks at two social hours, one on Thursday jointly held with PTCMW, the DC-based I-O professional association, and the other on Friday jointly held with APA Division 5 (Evaluation, Measurement, and Statistics).
7. Broaden your thinking about the value of integrated psychological research and practice by attending the APA Convention’s first year of collaborative programming that highlights cross-divisional work (Division 14 is participating in the collaborative session Consultants and Personal Coaches Use of Telepractice to Enhance Elite Performance)
6. Attend some of the best open call Division 14 programming we’ve had at the APA Convention, including paper sessions on Healthy Workers – Healthy Organizations, Cognitive Processes at Work, and Leadership Behavior, along with two poster sessions on Industrial Psychology and Organizational Psychology
5. Champion the expansion of I-O psychology within undergraduate education (in line with past-president Tammy Allen’s priorities) by attending a symposium on Options for I-O Psychology at the Undergraduate Level
4. Stay current by attending three invited sessions focused on burgeoning topics that transcend the borders of I-O psychology – The Emerging Field of Organizational Neuroscience, An Introduction to Humanitarian Work Psychology, and How Psychologists Can Help Create Healthy Workplaces
3. Learn from the best at a full day curated theme track focused on I-O Psychology's Role in Supporting the Federal Workforce, which includes sessions on topics such as HR strategic challenges and opportunities, technology, assessments, succession planning, metrics, diversity, and organizational change and restructuring
2. Get inspired at a full day curated theme track focused on I-O Psychology's Role in Supporting a Workforce Operating in High-Risk and Extreme Environments, which includes sessions on resilience and the cutting-edge work we are doing with the active military, veterans, interrogators, and astronauts
1. If you missed out on the beautiful island weather of Hawaii for the SIOP Conference in May, make it up with August in Washington, DC!
APA Convention Early Registration ends June 30th! Details are located here!
See you there!