Upcoming SIOP Deadlines in Early November
November 1: SIOP Fellowship Nominations Due
The deadline for nomination of SIOP Fellows is November 1, 2011. The Fellow status nomination process is now online here. SIOP Members or Fellows can nominate, and only online nominations will be accepted. Nominees for Fellow status must:
· Be SIOP Members or International Affiliates for no less than 2 years at the time of election
· Have received their PhD at least 10 years previously, and
· Have made unusual and outstanding contributions to I-O psychology.
Fellow status is an honor bestowed upon SIOP Members and International Affiliates who have shown evidence of unusual and outstanding contributions or performance in I-O psychology.
The contributions of nominees for Fellow are evaluated in terms of impact on I-O psychology and its advancement, and their contribution to the mission of the Society: “to enhance human well-being and performance in organizational and work settings by promoting the science, practice, and teaching of industrial and organizational psychology,” and to SIOP’s Core Values (adopted by the Executive Committee, January 29, 2006):
· Science-driven results—dedicated to the scientific method and a foundation in psychology as the basis for the practice, education, and research of I-O psychology
· Service—dedicated to improving the effectiveness of organizations and the well-being of individuals in work settings
· Excellence—dedicated to excellence in all that our members do, including practice, research, and education
· Integrity—dedicated to honesty, integrity, and the pursuit of the highest ethical standards
· Community—dedicated to achieving and maintaining a cohesive professional, collegial, and inclusive community through high levels of member involvement
Detailed procedures for nominating SIOP Fellows, and for APA and APS Fellowship, are available on the SIOP Web site. For additional information or clarification, please contact Wally Borman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 1: Get Ready to Vote
Voting for the newest additions to SIOP’s leadership will begin November 1. Voting members will receive an e-mail at the beginning of November with instructions for voting and a list of the candidates. All voting will take place online and will run thought midnight EST November 30. SIOP voting member will be choosing who will fill the following Executive Board positions:
2. Financial Officer/Secretary
3. Publications Officer-IOP Journal, Organizational Frontiers and Professional Practice series, and the Publications Board
4. Membership Services Officer-Awards, Committee on Ethnic & Minority Affairs, Fellowship, LGBT (ad hoc), Membership, Placement, and JobNet
Members will be sent a link when the elections site opens. The link will also be available on the SIOP Web site. Check theSIOP Web site in the following weeks for a full story with more information on the elections and candidates!
November 11: SIOP Reviewer Deadline
Members who have volunteered to serve as reviewers for the 2012 SIOP conference should have already received an e-mail providing links to sessions as well as general guidelines. If you have not already done so, reviewers should begin their review process.
Reviews are due by Friday, November 11, no later than 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
To review, go directly to the Web page http://www.siop.org/programreviewers. You will then need to enter your SIOP username and password. If you have any problem accessing the Web site, contact the SIOP Administrative Office at 419-353-0032 or email@example.com.
SIOP received 1,412 submissions this year! We truly appreciate your willingness to review. The large number of submissions is testament to how the field of I-O and SIOP has grown, and we thank all of the reviewers for your commitment to SIOP!