Help Expand Access to and Readership of SIOP’s Premier Journal
Help SIOP expand access to its premier journal, Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice (IOP). Recommend the journal to your library today!
, an official publication of SIOP, is beginning its fifth year of publication as a journal dedicated solely to the topic of industrial-organizational psychology. You can help get this publication to others with an interest in I-O psychology and spread the word about important issues in the field by recommending it to your library.
“As a SIOP member, you have ready access to the journal. Yet the impact of the journal depends on its content being accessible far beyond the boundaries of SIOP membership,” explained IOP
Editor and SIOP Fellow Cindy McCauley
. “Libraries are a key channel for reaching that broader audience. If the journal is going to grow in visibility and importance, we need it in libraries.”
It’s easy to suggest IOP. You can ask your university or local library to subscribe to the journal by filling out a form on the publisher’s website here
. Check the boxes that represent the reason you would like your library to purchase a journal subscription:
- Reference—I will refer to this publication(s) frequently for new research articles related to my work.
- Student reference—I will be referring my students to this publication(s) regularly to assist their studies.
- Benefit to library's collection—My assessment of this publication's content and direction is very high. Its acquisition will add to the library's success in fulfilling department, faculty, and student needs.
- Own affiliation—I am a member of the publication's editorial board. I therefore support it strongly and use it regularly in my work. I will regularly recommend articles to colleagues and students.
- Author—I am the author/editor/contributor to this publication.
The details you provide in the form will then be sent to your librarian, and SIOP’s journal will be available to all library patrons, expanding access to and readership of this useful and informative publication.
More information about IOP, including online access for paid members and submission guidelines, can be found on the journal page here. Subscription questions can be directed to Jen Baker at email@example.com. For other questions regarding IOP, contact Editor Cindy McCauley at firstname.lastname@example.org.