Industry, Gov., Consulting
About the Organization
I/O Solutions is a human resources consulting firm, assessment practice and national test publisher located approximately 10 miles outside the Chicago city limits in western suburbs of Chicago. I/O Solutions’ products and services can be categorized into three distinct areas: 1) development, marketing and sale of off-the-shelf examinations/assessment tools, 2) development of custom public-sector entry-level and promotional assessment tools, and 3) third-party recruiting, application processing, test administration and secondary screening assistance for small cities. Functions one and two are provided under the name I/O Solutions, while function three is provided as a service of I/O Solutions under the name Public Safety Recruitment (PSR). Our R&D division specializes in the development and validation of exams and other assessment products in the public sector (particularly police, fire and other public safety agencies). We work with the largest municipalities in the U.S. to develop and validate entry-level written examinations, structured interviews, promotional job-knowledge examinations, SJTs, assessment centers, performance evaluation systems and similar tools.
Compensation for the position is based on experience, education, knowledge and skill set. We offer an excellent benefit package to include premium health-care, dental, 401k (with employer contribution), bonuses, annual company outings, as well as other benefits. We offer flexible work arrangements after a specified period of employment. We pride ourselves on our ingenuity, attention to detail in working with clients, responsiveness to client needs and our reputation in the realm of public-safety testing. While our culture is relatively informal, our expectations are not. I/O Solutions is a small group of dedicated professionals, and we are looking to expand our consulting team with individuals who share our work values!
About the Job
The R&D Specialist position is responsible assisting in carrying out the company’s R&D objectives, including test development goals and priorities, planning and directing projects, psychometrically reviewing and revising current offerings, and coordinating the development of new instruments in the public safety and private sector arenas.
- Manage design of items and item banks, execution of production and quality control procedures and development of technical documentation for paper and pencil and computer-based testing programs
- Lead multiple test development and validation projects, including written exams, oral interviews and assessment centers
- Analyze psychometric properties of tests and assessments; conduct data analysis on job analysis questionnaires, etc.
- Administer examinations and assessment centers; maintain test security and integrity
- Write technical documentation sufficient for legal inquires and in accordance with the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures
- Develop and revise scoring protocols
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- An advanced degree (at the time of application) in Measurement, Psychometrics, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or closely related field is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience
- Expertise in personnel selection, to include:
o Job analysis
o Test development principles & techniques
o Validation methodology
o Professional standards (SIOP Principles, Uniform Guidelines, Standards for Educational & Psychological Testing, Assessment Center Guidelines, etc.) and industry best-practices
o Legal issues related to selection (to include Title VII, ADA, etc.)
- Expertise in quantitative methodology, to include:
o Sampling theory and methodology
o Univariate and multivariate data analysis (multiple regression, factor analysis, etc.)
o IRT, classical test procedures and item analysis (DIF) including appropriate software
- Expertise and extensive practical experience using MS Office, including Access. Excel macros and SPSS syntax
Critical Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills—Ability to fit seamlessly with co-workers and to project a strong/positive client orientation
- Strong project management skill set (organization skills, planning, self-motivation, responsiveness to clients, etc.)
- Strong written communication skills needed to develop assessments and technical documentation
- Ability to work quickly/efficiently on tasks, while maintaining a meticulous and uncompromising attention to detail
- Willingness to seek information within the business, actively engage in your training (seek out information during training), and consistently build on your knowledge base without prompting
- Willingness to conduct a multitude of tasks including complex assignments and necessary administrative functions
This is a new position posted October 9th, 2012. Interested applicants should send a one-page cover letter, resume and either salary expectations or salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email must read R&D Specialist Position. If the subject line is not input as directed the application will not be processed.
I/O Solutions values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Industrial/Organizational Solutions, Inc.
1127 S. Mannheim Rd. Ste 203
Westchester, IL 60154