• Independently and simultaneously manage multiple test development and validation projects
• Serve in a multi-faceted role (contract manager, client relationship manager, project manager, consultant, project delivery role, etc.)—provide excellent customer service to meet and maintain all client needs
• Schedule projects and coordinate administrative details regarding projects to include assessor selection/arrangements, site procurement, role-player selection/training, assessment center scheduling, etc.
• Conduct job analysis to include interviews, observations, JAQ development/analysis and job-analysis documentation
• Create and conduct live candidate orientation sessions
• Develop written exams, oral interviews and assessment centers in accordance with company protocols, client demands and industry guidelines
• Develop assessment center/structured interview training and conduct training with large groups of assessors
• Administer examinations and assessment centers; maintain test security and integrity
• Analyze psychometric properties of tests and assessments; conduct data analysis on job analysis questionnaires, etc.
• Write technical documentation sufficient for legal inquires and in accordance with the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures
• Assist other consultants with projects; travel as necessary to aid in the administration of assessment centers
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
• A Masters degree (at the time of application) in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or related field is required; preference will be given to a candidate with a Ph.D./ABD status
• A strong academic and experience-based foundation in personnel selection and psychometrics is needed; Experience in selection/assessment is highly desirable
• Three years of full-time work experience in HR, personnel selection or a related field is preferred
o While new graduates (M.S. or Ph.D.) will be considered, you must possess strong knowledge of personnel selection/assessment and related internship experiences
• A strong foundation in personnel selection, to include:
o Job analysis
o Test development principles & techniques
o Validation methodology
o Written examinations, SJTs, etc.
o Structured interviews
o Assessment Centers
o Professional standards (SIOP Principles, Uniform Guidelines, Standards for Educational & Psychological Testing, Assessment Center Guidelines, etc.) and industry best-practices
o Legal issues related to selection (to include Title VII, ADA, etc.)
• Thorough understanding of statistics and psychometrics; Working knowledge and practical experience with SPSS
• Knowledge of human resources management and related systems
Critical Skills and Abilities
• Strong consulting skill set (interpersonal skill, oral communication, assertiveness, sales orientation, professionalism, proficient knowledge in product area, etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal skills—Ability to fit seamlessly with co-workers and to project a strong/positive client orientation
• Professional presence and demeanor; strong customer service orientation is essential
• Strong oral communication skills and client presentation skills (you will regularly present to groups ranging from 5 to 500)
• Strong project management skill set (organization skills, planning, self-motivation, responsiveness to clients, etc.)
• Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously—often with conflicting timelines, etc.
• Strong written communication skills needed to develop technical documentation, assessment exercises, supporting assessment documents, etc.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work quickly/efficiently on tasks, while maintaining a meticulous and uncompromising attention to detail
• Willingness to seek information within the business, actively engage in your training (seek out information during training), and consistently build on your knowledge base without prompt
• Highly motivated and able to function autonomously after six months; willing to “do more than required” to allow I/O Solutions to gain a competitive advantage in our industry
• High level of responsibility and willingness to take responsibility for assigned projects
• Strong group/team orientation
• Willingness to conduct a multitude of tasks including complex assignments and necessary administrative functions; Flexibility is required in working in a small consulting environment and one must have an ability to get their “hands dirty” in performing tasks at all levels!
• “Thick-skinned”—Remain professional, yet assertive as challenges arise from vocal/involved candidate population; knowledge or experience in working in a union environment is helpful