Industry, Gov., Consulting
Sr Consultant OE & Diagnostics - Job ID 398586BR
About the Organization
With fiscal year 2011 sales of $50.2 billion, Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 50 company that serves approximately 15 million customers a week at more than 1,750 home improvement stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s is the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world. For more information, visit Lowes.com
For over 60 years, it's what Lowe's has been about. Lowe's vision is to be our customers' first choice for home improvement in each and every market we serve. To earn our customers' trust and meet their individual needs, we will provide valued solutions with the best prices, products and services that make our customers' lives easier.
That simple idea has transformed Lowe's from a neighborhood hardware store into a Fortune 50 company. But we're not finished. We're on our way to even bigger and better things. Providing superior customer service requires superior people.
About the Job
I. Job Summary:
The Senior Consultant, Organization Diagnostics & Design works with leaders to identify organizational goals, gaps that inhibit efficiency or effectiveness, and remedies for closing those gaps – up to and including complete organization design/transformation efforts. These efforts generally involve significant complexity because they are large-scale and cut across multiple functions and/or business units, typically impacting more than just the requesting organization’s work. The Sr. Consultant’s work must address both the delivery of the work and navigation of the organization to ensure that recommendations are well-sponsored and executable. This includes working directly with senior leaders (VPs & Directors) to prepare them for their roles as sponsors and ensure that leaders are obtaining the sponsorship they need from the Executives to whom these leaders report.
The Sr. Consultant will see projects through from analysis / inception to measurement and evaluation. The Sr. Consultant will collaborate and delegate project components to the appropriate Center of Expertise (Compensation, Benefits, Talent Management, Learning, Recruiting, Selection & Assessment, etc.) and/or to the appropriate business area (Operations, Support, etc.), overseeing project completion and measuring the effectiveness of interventions using standard business metrics. Duties include overall solutions management, assessment and planning for the design of holistic solutions, customizing solutions to increase likelihood of success, and ongoing monitoring/measurement of solutions. The Performance Consultant’s work will impact the organization’s ability to deliver capabilities that drive competitive advantage and/or capabilities that are necessary for the business to run effectively and efficiently. The Sr. Consultant is primarily responsible for developing holistic solutions architectures that incorporate component solutions generated by others.
II. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Conducts “Triage”/work intake interviews and records key points to help the People Strategy Governance Team assess incoming needs/requests for support.
• Contracts with HR leaders and/or business sponsors to establish clear goals, mutual expectations and boundaries/constraints for projects and/or ongoing work processes.
• Analyzes business and functional strategy, and ensures effective translation into vehicles (verbal and written) commonly used for broad employee communications.
• Conducts evidence-based organization diagnosis/needs assessment/root cause analysis activities, including delivery of a credible impact analysis that establishes priorities for which gaps/problems should be solved first.
• Independently or in consultation with other functional experts (in HR and non-HR functions), develops prioritized recommendations that identify the outcomes, methods and resources required for a successful intervention, along with any dependencies/interdependencies that will need to be accounted for in the work.
• Conducts effective OE interventions in all of the following disciplines:
• Organization Development and Design – Structures and facilitates projects to clarify an organization’s strategy/priorities and align its structure, processes, management systems, employee KSA selection and development criteria and reward/recognition systems.
• Leadership Team Effectiveness – Structures and facilitates projects to address impediments to a leadership team’s effectiveness. Includes addressing issues around style differences (communication, leadership, and/or management style), trust, role clarity/accountability, decision-making models and methods.
• Change Execution – Structures and facilitates activities that increase the efficiency and effectiveness of projects that have a significant change component. This includes applying proven change execution frameworks and tools to both address risks/issues and to role model the application of these frameworks and tools in the organization.
Functional Thought Leadership
• Develops and maintains shared frameworks, tools/templates and approaches for conducting HR consulting, Organization Diagnostic and Organization Design work. Materials must be kept in a state of usability such that other HR professionals can use them if/when appropriate.
• Conducts the development and/or execution of project work plans, project configuration plans, stakeholder engagement/communication plans, ongoing risk and issue assessment and responses, project status reporting, and escalation actions.
• Ensures that all OE projects are planned and delivered in line with the Change Execution and project management principles and practices adopted by the organization.
• Communicates effectively (written and verbal) with teammates, client groups, HR partners, vendors and other key stakeholders throughout the life of a project.
• Coordinates internal and external resources such that projects are effectively delivered as planned in a way that is seamless to the client.
• 4-7 years of experience in the field of Organization Effectiveness, Organization Development, and/or Performance Improvement at a Fortune 500 company and/or major consulting firm.
• Demonstrated expertise in Organization Development & Design as well as Leadership Team Effectiveness and/or Change Execution.
• Demonstrated effectiveness at consulting with business leaders.
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Psychology, Sociology, Education or related field of study.
• 7+ years experience in Organization Effectiveness and/or Consulting.
• Post Graduate Degree in I/O Psychology, Organizational Development, Business or a related field of study is strongly preferred.
For job descriptions, or to apply on-line, go to www.lowes.com/careers. Job Id : 398586BR
Lowe's is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Diversity and Inclusion. Lowe's maintains a drug-free work place.