Industry, Gov., Consulting
Research Associate (Behavior)
About the Organization
ACT is an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides a broad array of assessment, research, information, and program management solutions in the areas of education and workforce development. Each year, ACT serves millions of people in high schools, colleges, professional associations, businesses, and government agencies—nationally and internationally.
Learn more at act.org!
About the Job
Under the direction of senior staff, conduct research for ACT’s career transition progrms and services. Requires well-developed skills and experience in applied research, as well as a clear understanding of the principles of applied psychology (e.g., industrial/organizational and/or educational psychology). This position requires general knowledge and experience in the areas of personality and behavior, and well-developed oral and written communication skills.
Typical work-related activities include:
- Under the direction of senior staff:
- Assist with the design, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of research in support of department objectives and ACT’s mission.
- Assist with consultation for clients regarding a variety of applied psychology issues, such as personnel selection, identification of student risk, etc.
- Coordinate and facilitate focus group meetings.
- Complete literature reviews to maintain up-to-date knowledge in relevant areas.
- Participate in a program of research, publication, and presentations at professional conferences on issues affecting ACT’s business.
- Assist with the review and development of behavioral and personality assessments including item writing and data collection.
- Assist with the development of support materials.
- Assist with assessment validation research.
- Assist with the development of behavioral training program materials and with the evaluation of such materials.
- Provide technical support for internal staff and clients.
- Communicate effectively with ACT staff and clients through strong, organized writing and verbal skills.
- Maintain quality and security control on all projects.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in making work-related decisions.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding corporate information.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Doctorate degree in related content area, ABD, or Master’s degree with several years of applied experience.
- Experience in applied research.
REPORTS TO: Director or Principal Research Associate or Senior Research Associate
COMPENSATION: Starting salary commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits and work environment.
Finalists for this position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check as a condition of employment.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in people and ideas. ACT participates in E-Verify. ACT's online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by ACT to specific terms and conditions for employment.
Please visit our website to apply, or click on the following link to view all positions: https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=1181&company=ACT&username
View Req ID 1181 to view this position through our site.