Industry, Gov., Consulting
HR Data Analytics Specialist
About the Organization
Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 500 company based in San Antonio, Texas, and through its subsidiaries is the world’s largest independent petroleum refiner and marketer. Valero supplies fuel and products that improve people’s lives with 16 refineries and 10 ethanol plants stretching from the U.S. West and Gulf coasts to Canada, United Kingdom, and the Caribbean. Well-positioned pipelines and terminals allow Valero to deliver premium-quality clean fuels quickly, responsibly, and efficiently. Our diversified product slate supports dozens of industries, from health care and plastics to transportation, beauty products, and manufacturing.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
About the Job
The HR Data Analytics Specialist is responsible for leading the design, development, and implementation of the workforce analytics efforts. The Specialist will support HR initiatives (e.g., workforce planning, succession planning, talent management, recruiting, etc.) by collecting and consolidating data, performing advanced statistical analyses, and summarizing /reporting results and key trends. The Specialist will assist in developing data-driven solutions to critical human resources and business concerns.
• Effectively communicate the value of analyzing and interpreting HR data to broader HR and business departments
• Partner with business leaders to proactively address staffing, development, and workforce planning challenges
• Translate business issues into challenges that can be addressed using available HR data
• Design creative approaches to examining HR information to allow HR and other departments to better understand the driving factors of critical HR and business issues
• Establish methods for extracting, modeling, and analyzing HR information
• Develop and validate workforce metrics (e.g., time to fill, turnover, promotion rates, potential attrition, etc.)
• Collect and compile HR data and complete comprehensive analyses using various software programs (e.g., Excel, Access, SPSS, etc.)
• Perform advanced analysis (e.g., factor analysis, multiple regression, etc.) of applicant pools, applicant flow, promotion/retention, and offer success rates to provide substantive interpretation and reports
• Translate comprehensive statistical information to provide clear, concise, and intuitive insight/solutions for business challenges
• Present analyses to business leaders and partner in developing and implementing solutions
Bachelor's degree in psychology, human resources, statistics, business, or closely related field, required. Masters degree in industrial and organizational psychology, business, or closely related field, strongly preferred. Minimum five years of professional human resources or consulting experience focused on analyzing large scale datasets to address organizational challenges required.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply at www.valero.com/careers
HR Data Analytics Specialist-1300136