Industry, Gov., Consulting
Talent Analytics Manager
About the Organization
About Expedia, Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
About the Job
Leverages appropriate advanced predictive statistical models & variety of HR and non-HR data sources – Human Resources Management System (HRMS), employee life cycle surveys, talent process/program data, business performance/employee productivity data & macroeconomic indicators - to link employee behavior and performance to desired business outcomes. Enables HR Leadership Team to influence Business Leaders to make better fact-based decisions regarding talent program investments/allocations across critical workforce segments that produce more favorable ROI, increased engagement & retention, reduced cost of turnover, increased profitability, etc. Supports the development & enhancement of revenue driven workforce demand scenario planning simulation/optimization capability. Protects and maintains confidentiality of Human Resource and Company information/data in accordance with current data stewardship protocols and Legal policies.
- Supports the development/enhancement of workforce demand simulation/optimization algorithms in proprietary software application to more accurately forecast workforce demand linked to Business Forecasts and Strategic Plans
- Organizes & works with multiple disparate HR & Non-HR datasets to identify patterns and trends/drivers that can be used to provide leaders with actionable insights to drive positive business outcomes & reduce risk
- Applies advanced statistical research methods & predictive models to identify proactive workforce related risks to business strategy execution and analyzes workforce issues or trends that are escalated by Business Leaders to EVP of HR/HR Leadership Team for investigation/resolution
- Supports the optimization of talent program portfolio to drive better ROI and assists in preparation of business cases for new program investment allocation (efficiency frontier curves)
- Identifies the key factors that explain differences in retention behavior for different types of employees at the individual role/job/position level, and for different demographics, such as age, tenure, job level, etc.
- Owns the analysis, administration & vendor management for range of employee life cycle surveys to ensure alignment across instruments for relevant dimensions
- Designs and supports workforce cost/readiness models needed to assess future workforce requirements and inform workforce strategy decisions
- Ensures the reliability and quality of underlying data and reviews the accuracy and appropriateness of analytics deliverables; investigates and troubleshoots data issues with others as appropriate
- Researches and identifies demographic and workforce trends on a global basis; researches external markets with a focus on emerging markets
- Creates and manages project plans to ensure timely and accurate completion of deliverables
- Knowledge of advanced statistical theories, techniques & research methods
- Advanced Excel proficiency, MS Access knowledge
- SPSS or other statistical software experience/knowledge
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- BA/BS degree required, Masters in IO Psychology/Statistics/Macroeconomics preferred.
- 1-3 years of analytics experience, working with workforce/HR or financial datasets
- Analytical skills - Integration of Multiple & Complex Datasets, Effective Problem Solver, Quickly Formulates Fact-based Conclusions, Proficiency with Data Management Tools
- Creative thinking skills - Translation of Business Needs into Innovative Value-add Solutions, Systems-wide Thinking in Approach to Problem Solving, Proactively Seeks Opportunities to Create Value
- Project Management skills - Project Scoping, Prioritization, Execution, Expectation Management, Outcome Definition & Measurement, Cross-functional Leadership