The Aldridge Group, Inc.
The Aldridge Group, Inc.
Industry, Gov., Consulting
About the Organization
The Aldridge Group is a growing consulting firm that specializes
in providing selection, assessment, coaching and training services
to a variety of large and small companies, primarily in the private
sector. Currently, we're a company of 7 full-time
Consultants, 3 Independent Consultants and 2 administrative staff
who value a fun, collegial, and hard-working atmosphere. Our
goal is to provide our clients with sound, helpful service that
enables them to hire the right people for the right position while
strategically developing their talent.
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced Consultant to add to our team.
A successful candidate is someone who can:
- Use personality and cognitive ability instruments to assess
individual job candidates.
- Interview for the purpose of selection and development.
- Prepare narrative reports on candidates that integrate
information gained from interviewing as well as personality and
cognitive ability instruments.
- Provide verbal feedback about candidates to hiring
- Offer feedback, coaching and developmental guidance to
- Manage client engagements.
- Train on a variety of industry topics (e.g. leadership
development, team dynamics, etc.).
- Coach early and mid-career managers and leaders.
Education: Advanced degree (M.A. or Ph.D. preferred) in
industrial-organizational psychology, business counseling
psychology or other related disciplines.
- 3-5 years in a professional services firm that focuses on
assessing and developing talent.
- Experience conducting assessments of individuals and giving
feedback to the client in both written and verbal formats.
- Experience with interpreting personality and cognitive
instruments - experience with the 16PF a plus.
- Experience working in a credible and professional manner with
executives and mid-level managers while still being able to relate
well to hourly employees, often in industrial settings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Very strong writing skills.
- Strong levels of intuition as well as analysis in
- Ability to facilitate meetings.
- Effective communicator/presenter at the group level as well as
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Good with follow-through and meeting deadlines.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in problem solving.
- Able to be a self-starter who can figure out what needs to be
- Able to work in a growing - but still small - company where
boundaries are often unclear and flexibility is critical.
- Adequate computer skills (able to use MS Office products
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- General knowledge of statistics as typically used in industrial
Travel & Work Environment:
- Will require, on average, between 25% - 50% travel time.
- Consulting client locations that include heavy industrial
- Informal business environment with easy to get along with
- Business casual office in trendy suburban area.
Please send resumes and cover letters to