Industry, Gov., Consulting
Director of Certification Progams
About the Organization
The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is a 501(c)6
nonprofit organization with headquarters in Washington DC. PTCB
develops, maintains, and administers a nationally accredited
certification program for pharmacy technicians and has certified
over 500,000 pharmacy technicians since its inception in 1995.
About the Job
- Manages certification operations ensuring high volume
application process runs smoothly for initial and
- Directs the financial and program performance metrics for all
- Directs the Certification Program budget process, including
revenue and expense oversight.
- Oversees the functions of the Certification Council, Item
Writers, and other PTCB subject-matter experts.
- Assists IT department with development and maintenance of
software to support the certification process.
- Ensures PTCB’s Certification Program maintains NCCA
Accreditation; oversee preparation of NCCA Annual Report and
- Manages all phases of assessment development.
- Manages routine and ongoing internal procedures to verify the
psychometric properties of the exams and exam program.
- Serves as main liaison with all vendors, external
subject-matter experts and volunteers and provide direct oversight
and management of vendor relationships for the Certification
- Prepares and delivers presentations to promote the value of
PTCB’s Certification Program to appropriate stakeholders, as
- Conducts research and development initiatives to identify,
monitor, track, and report on trends and other items of interest
for all PTCB certification programs as well as identify
opportunities for independent research involving pharmacy
technicians and the validity of all assessments.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study; master’s or
coursework in advanced statistics, measurement or
industrial/organizational psychology preferred.
- Five years of program management experience associated with an
occupational credentialing program or assessment development.
- Strong orientation toward valid and reliable research and
investigation regarding the validity and reliability of the
assessment and certification program.
- Supervisory and vendor management experience.
- Experience in assessment development and maintenance including
practice analysis, content development, item development,
statistical analysis and standard setting highly desirable.
Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include "Director of
Certification Programs" in the subject line. PTCB is an Equal