Over the past two years, The Society for Human Resource
Management (SHRM) has developed an international competency model
system for the HR profession. This has included several data
collection efforts and numerous content validation studies.
Now, SHRM is seeking a competent professional to manage
certification and test development as SHRM and HRCI begin the
process of developing a competency-based credential. As part of
this assignment, the selected candidate will manage a large-scale
testing content development effort involving stakeholders across
the SHRM family of brands, as well as numerous support
The selected candidate must identify workplace and people
management issues and trends of relevance to HR professionals,
CHROs, C-suite executives, and business leaders. S/he will
identify and develop thought leadership deliverables for the SHRM
organization and in coordination with all content producing and
content disseminating departments within SHRM, as well as with
members and other relevant stakeholders. S/he will coordinate
communication of test development efforts to SHRM's departments,
leadership, and. The ideal candidate will work closely with HRCI,
as well as SHRM’s Education, Marketing, Publications, Membership
and Legal teams to ensure test content development meets the
requirements set forth by competency assessment task force
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design a program of research for developing a competency-based
certification or credentialing platfom.
- Manage multiple support vendor engagements to ensure test
content development is moving according to specifications.
- Work closely with the SHRM Professional Development team
to ensure development of certification preparation materials is
aligned with test content development.
- Collaborate with SHRM / HRCI Marketing and Public Affairs
department to develop a marketing campaign for SHRM
competency-based certification and certification preparation
- Support the development of additional resources for HR
professionals based upon competencies research and the SHRM
- Develop technical reports based upon analyses of test
development research activities.
- Demonstrate proficiency in project management and
standing up high-stakes assessment and/or certification program
- Develop and execute collaborative opportunities with the
Knowledge Center and other content producing and disseminating
departments such as Publications, and all aspects of Professional
- Work collaboratively within SHRM on existing committees
and through existing processes for content integration and content
development such that thought leadership activities are integrated
into internal processes and poised for success externally.
Serve as an internal resource for content expertise.
- Recommend through business case analysis and the SHRM
product development process new deliverables and new thought
leadership products that will serve the core membership up to and
including HR executives.
- Maintain and evaluate the competency-based certification
and content once fully operational.
- Maintain the item-banking process for competency-based
certification test content.
- Requires project management capabilities to ensure
effective and efficient development of competency-based
- Requires excellent presentation skills with the
ability to present to high-level public events and practitioner and
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal
communications skills are a must.
- Requires some knowledge of the HR field and an
extensive network of thought leaders in HR, business, government
- Some travel will be required – up to 10% during
first year, possibly less once test content development efforts are
completed. Some international travel may also be required.
- Master’s degree in Industrial Organizational
psychology (IO Psych), testing, educational assessment,
psychometrics or a related field.
- SPHR and/or GPHR (or related HR credential)
preferred but not required.
- At least four to five years' experience working in
an association-based certification or credentialing environment
- Experience with and knowledge of competency
development, criterion validation, and competency-based assessment
development are the primary requirements for consideration for this
position. Beyond this specialty area, it would be helpful to have
experience in any of the following areas: project management
and product development.
- Familiarity with marketing and long-term
business planning a plus.
- Must have experience with analysis of job
requirements, practice analysis and needs analysis for the purpose
of developing a competency-based testing platforms. Expert
knowledge of certification tests, assessment tools and
methodologies for developing them such tools required. A
background in statistics, statistical packages and a strong ability
to relate scientific findings to bottom line business results.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal
opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).
No Relocation authorized for this position.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If
you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment
process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an
email to: email@example.com or
TDD (703) 548-6990.