Making Connections Between Academics and Coaches
How can academics support coaching practice?
How can coaches “feed” their experiences back to academics?
- Several levels of issues/need to address a number of different needs:
1. SOS: a coach who needs help with something NOW
2. Information on-going trends
3. SIOP workshops/presentations
4. Blogs or other way of getting information exchange
- Establish a partnership between SHRM, SIOP, AoM to address this issue (SIOP visibility committee working on this, in terms of making efforts to get better science-based information out there)
- Search/select tool to post research, to post consulting, and to match researchers to consultants and vice versa
- Electronic resources, such as a social networking site (linkedin? Facebook? Others?)
1. Coaches to there to get information/articles
2. Academics “get” information through having practicing coaches complete surveys, help gather date, etc.
- Universities, either alone or as part of a partnership with others, need to build a center of excellence in topic such as coaching, to facilitate link with practice
- Need ways to balance organizational inputs and organizational “get-backs” – both sides need to learn language and needs of other