Continuing Education (CE) Details
Attendees of the 2010 Leading Edge Consortium will be eligible for the following continuing education credit:
8 CE credits for psychologists (those needing CE for licensure, professional development, liability insurance, or other purposes)
7 CE credits for human resource professionals (The HR Certification Institute has pre-approved this activity for 7 strategic business credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification.)
To obtain the CE credit:
- Individuals must attend the entire program to obtain the credit, as partial credit is not awarded. Programming exceptions are noted below.
- Attendees must sign in at the start of the consortium on Friday, complete a pre- and post-evaluation, and sign out at the end of the consortium on Saturday.
- SIOP will mail letters within 30 days post event verifying attendance and granting credit for those who have signed both in and out.
Learning objectives, presenter bios, and other relevant information can be found at http://www.siop.org/lec/default.aspx.
- The Friday panel entitled “Leadership and Team Effectiveness” is included in the credit offering for APA but not for HRCI due to the differing credit-granting rules established by those two organizations.
- The programming not included in the CE offering is “Welcome/Introduction,” “Best Practices Breakout Group Discussions,” “Rapid Thoughts and Wrap Up,” “Summary, Themes and Take-Aways,” and “Future Plans Meeting.”
SIOP is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SIOP maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Additionally, SIOP holds HR Certification Institute Approved Provider status.