Network Dining With a Twist of Sustainability
Presented by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and Johnson Controls, Inc.
Wind down the evening with your colleagues starting with good food and conversation at one of New Orleans' many top restaurants. We will be selecting several outstanding restaurants for the Networking Dinners, a popular optional feature of the Leading Edge Consortium. The Networking Dinners are scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, October 19.
Dining is a passionate art form in New Orleans. Our restaurants and chefs are world-renown and award-winning ... and will make your visit to New Orleans an unforgettable experience! All the restaurants presented for your dine-around pride themselves on their practice of purchasing locally grown items from area farmers’ markets and locally caught and sustainable seafood from area fishermen. Our goal is to present restaurants that offer select dishes or cuisine that:
- Is safe, healthy and nutritious for consumers
- Provides a viable livelihood for farmers, processors and retailers, whose employees enjoy a safe and hygienic working environment
- Supports rural economies and the diversity of rural culture, in particular through an emphasis on local products that keep food miles to a minimum
1. K-Paul’s Louisiana Kitchen – 416 Chartres Street (FQ)
- Reservation for up to 8 @ 7:30 PM only
With three kitchens and a bakery at K-Paul's, the philosophy and commitment to excellence will never change. There are still no freezers in the restaurant and only the freshest local and regional ingredients of the highest quality are used. “This is why we change our menu daily.”
2. GW Fins – 808 Bienville Street (FQ)
- Reservation for up to 10 at 6:00 PM only
GW Fins offers guests the absolute finest and freshest seafood available, including those species found in their own backyard. Thus, many of Louisiana’s unique seasonal seafood products indigenous to the area such as pompano, white shrimp, blue crab and blue fin tuna are featured prominently on GW Fins’ menu.
3. Bourbon House Seafood – 144 Bourbon Street (FQ)
- Reservation for up to 12 at 6:30 PM only
Dickie Brennan’s Bourbon House is all about local seafood! If it’s not in season locally, you won’t find it on the menu. Enjoy authentic New Orleans dishes in a lively atmosphere with huge picture windows overlooking Bourbon Street.
4. Palace Café – 605 Canal Street (FQ)
- Reservation for up to 8 at 6:30 PM only
We are committed to providing the highest quality food to our guests. Part of that commitment involves our housemade approach. Everything, from sauces to desserts, is prepared in our kitchen by our talented culinary team. Our sincere dedication to supporting local companies like Leidenheimer bakery extends to our family of farmers and fishermen. These hardworking folks provide us with some of the best tasting ingredients available anywhere. It is their incredible products that make our cuisine so flavorful.