Continuing Education (CE) Details
Attendees of the 2013 SIOP Leading Edge Consortium are eligible for continuing education credit for psychology purposes (for licensure, certifications, professional development, liability insurance, etc.) and human resource professional purposes (for PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification credits through the HR Certification Institute.) The differing credit is detailed below.
CE Credit for PSYCHOLOGY Purposes
6.25 CE credits for attending on Friday, October 18, 2013
2.5 CE credits for attending on Saturday, October 19, 2013
To obtain the CE credit:
- Individuals must attend the entire day’s educational program to obtain the credit available for that day, as partial credit is not awarded.*
- Attendees must sign in at the start of day, sign out at the end of the day, and complete an evaluation.
- SIOP will mail letters within 30 days post event verifying attendance and granting credit for those who have signed both in and out.
The learning objectives are posted here and the full agenda, session abstracts and presenter bios are posted here and are continuously updated. (If you are unable to find the details you are seeking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.) This event is targeted at mid- to senior-level practitioners of I-O and HR and the instructional level is intermediate to advanced, although all are welcome to attend. Cost and other details can be found here.
*Please note that the Networking Group Activity on Saturday, October 19 from 10:00am-12:00pm and the Panel: Leadership 2020 on Saturday, October 19 from 2:30-2:50pm are portions of the program that are NOT included in the CE credit offering.
CE Credit for HR Purposes
The SIOP Leading Edge Consortium has been approved for 4 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
To obtain the CE credit:
- Individuals must attend all credit-eligible sessions on Friday, October 18, 2013, to use the all-conference program ID preapproval code when recertifying. Those sessions are:
- 8:50-9:30am, KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Making Leadership Development Really Matter
- 10:35-11:20am, PRESENTATIONS: Assessments for Development: Trends, Learnings, and Applications
- 12:45-1:35pm, PRESENTATIONS: Leadership Development – Formal Development
- 1:55-2:55pm, PRESENTATIONS: Leadership Development – Learning Through Job Experience
- 3:35-4:35pm, PRESENTATIONS: Leadership Development – Learning Through Others
- Attendees must sign in by the start of the first session (8:50am), sign out after the end of the last session (4:35pm), and complete an evaluation.
- SIOP will mail letters within 30 days post event verifying attendance and granting credit for those who have signed both in and out. This letter will include the program ID code.
SIOP is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SIOP maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Additionally, SIOP holds HR Certification Institute Approved Provider status.
Questions? Please contact Tracy Vanneman, Membership Services and Continuing Education Manager, at email@example.com or 419-353-0032.