Placement Center and Jobnet Committee Goals and Progress Report Form
Committee Chair Name: Kevin Smith and Ryan O’Leary
Date: March 14, 2010
Committee Members: Eric Kidwell, Ryan O’Leary, Erin Swartout, Stacey Lange
- All of the Placement Center/Jobnet committee goals focus on providing high-quality services to I-O Psychologists and Job seekers that are not found elsewhere. This supports strategic goal 3, specifically, focusing on support for SIOP members in their efforts to study, apply, and teach the principles, findings, and methods of I-O psychology.
- Review usage data from 2009 conference and provide recommendations regarding hours for Placement Center to be open due to transition to 3-day format.
Action: Review data and make recommendation. (By end of August)
After analyzing the usage data, the recommendation is to keep the same hours of operation as last year. Although use was limited on the first day of operations, we have to set up that day and work out any kinks before the center becomes very busy during the first full day of conference activities. Proposed hours are:
Wednesday: 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- Identify placement center strengths and weaknesses. Make recommendations for changes, as appropriate. Make recommendations for changes, as appropriate.
Action:Analyze placement center evaluation survey data and make recommendations. (By end of August)
A write-up detailing the placement center survey results has been prepared.
3. Increase participation by local area groups for ‘10 Conference.
Action: Research I/O and other relevant employers in the Atlanta area. Solicit local employer involvement at SIOP Atlanta. (Research by end of December, Solicit beginning in February ongoing until Conference)
Identified and catalogued organizations (e.g., Home Depot, UPS, Mercer, Sperduto and Associates, APT etc.) to solicit for involvement in the Placement Center. Additional local employers who have advertisements for HR/Human Capital/Training job openings in Atlanta, GA will also be solicited. Solicitation will begin in January and will continue as the conference approaches. E-mail solicitations were sent in February.
- Ensure Placement Center needs are accommodated by SIOP Atlanta host hotel.
Action: Attend Winter Advance and perform a walk-through of location (February 2010).
Attended Winter Advance in January and confirmed the suitability of the rooms which will house the 2010 Placement Center.
5. Integrate new functionality of Jobnet into placement center and provide support to Larry Nader during the implementation of updated Jobnet.
Action: Provide beta testing and feedback, integrate Jobnet functionality into placement center, and write-up marketing materials/articles highlighting the changes in Jobnet/placement (Ongoing).
Tested new jobnet capabilities. The new functionality should really please some of the placement center users as it addresses some of the concerns voiced in the evaluation survey. Revised the “how-to” guides for both job seeks and employers. These guides are FAQs about using the on-site capabilities of the Placement Center. Produced updated materials to be included in SIOP registration materials and TIP that highlighted new functionality. Placement Center database and functionality is 100% operational.
Updates or Comments From Chair:
Steve Russell has left the committee since he is unable to attend SIOP due personal reasons. A new committee member will be added before SIOP to ensure smooth operations. Nabila Sheikh has joined the Placement Committee.