Placement Committee Goals and Progress Report Form
Committee Chair Name: Larissa Linton
Date: January 19, 2008
x Progress Report
Committee Members: Eric Kidwell, Ryan O’Leary, Steve Russell, Kevin Smith, Erin Swartout, Patrick Wadlington
Goals and Results:
Items in bold are new items since the previous progress report.
(1) Analyze usage data from 2008 conference and provide recommendations regarding hours for Placement Center to be open due to transition to 3-day format.
· Recommended hours have been approved.
· We analyzed usage data from 2008 conference. The data indicated that usage of computers and interview tables substantially decreased after 12:00 p.m. on Saturday. Due to the additional cost required for computers and volunteers to keep the Placement Center open combined with the minimal usage on Saturday afternoon, the Placement Center Committee recommends that the Placement Center close at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday instead of being open the whole day. As such, the Placement Center hours would be 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, and 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on Saturday.
· Considering this is a change from last year, we would plan to communicate the full schedule to Placement Center users in advance and post the schedule throughout Placement Center to manage user expectations so that they can plan accordingly.
(2) Market Placement Center to local area groups.
· Emailed Placement Center information to presidents of ten Louisiana SHRM chapters, the New Orleans ASTD chapter, and the Louisiana IPMA-HR chapter.
(3) Attend Conference Advance in winter 2009 to ensure Placement Center needs are accommodated by hotel.
· Larissa Linton is planning to attend Conference Advance on Feb. 6.
(4) Develop evaluation survey for Placement Center job seekers and employers to provide feedback on Placement Center at Conference. Analyze survey and identify key strengths areas for improvement.
· We have developed the job seeker and employer evaluation surveys.
(5) Assign new Placement Chair before 2009 conference. It will be useful to have the next chair shadow in the Placement Center before taking on duties.
· Ryan O’Leary and Kevin Smith (committee members) have volunteered to serve as co-chairs beginning in 2010.
(6) Increase committee membership to 5-6 members, excluding chair, to ensure that the Placement Center is fully staffed during the conference.
· One new member, Eric Kidwell, was added to the committee. One previous member, Nora Grace Awkerman, resigned from the committee.
· Two new members, Erin Swartout and Steve Russell, were added to the committee.
(7) Update website information about Placement Center.
· Updated website information.