2008-2009 Workshop Committee Goals and Progress Report Form
Committee Chair Name – Suzanne Tsacoumis
Date – 1/9/09
X Progress Report
Margaret Barton Tim McGonigle
Mindy Bergman Mort McPhail
Wanda Campbell Liberty Munson
Linda Carr Dwayne Norris
Robin Cohen,Chair in Training Bill Strickland
Robert Gibby Suzanne Tsacoumis, Chair
Tom Giberson Deb Whetzel
Amy Grubb Kate Zimberg
SIOP Vision: To be recognized as the premier professional group committed to advancing the science and practice of the psychology of work.
SIOP Goals: SIOP will become the…
1. Visible and trusted authority on work-related psychology. This includes:
- Heightened awareness within lay, business, scientific, and government communities of the role and value of I-O psychology in improving productivity and well-being in the workplace.
- Greater outreach to the broader field of psychology and related disciplines and organizations (including organizations outside the United States), policy makers, the public, and the media.
2. Advocate and champion of I-O psychology to policy makers. This includes:
- Increased efforts to obtain federal funding for I-O research.
- Increased efforts to monitor and influence policy and legislation affecting human behavior at work.
- Heightened awareness among top managers in business about the value of I-O psychology and I-O professionals.