Committee on Ethnic and Minority Affairs Report
Chair, Jimmy Davis
SIOP Fellow Nomination:
- Helped to support the completion of the nomination packet for Dr. Quinetta Roberson
CEMA Award Funding
- Conferred an AD Hoc committee to work on fund raising which will be led by Dr. Kizzy Parks. Dr. Parks will have a report on success ready for the CEMA business meeting at the SIOP Conference
- Sent a letter to all Program Directors of I-O programs to raise awareness of the group and to be of help where we can for their students.
- Participate in the 2010 Organizational Science Summer Institute at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte where 10 undergraduate minority students will be exposed to the world of organizational psychology, applying to graduate programs, GRE-Prep and a research proposal.
- Student Awareness Panel to be hosted at one of the 3 Historically Black Colleges and University in Atlanta (Morehouse College, Spelman College or Clark Atlanta University)
- Working on allowing a small group of those students to attend the conference for free (this has been discusses with President Kraiger but the next step is to discuss with the Program Chair)
- Explore other activities to foster communication and partnership at the SIOP meeting