CEMA Committee Progress
Kizzy M. Parks, Chair
1. SIOP Fellow Nominations
- To continue to work with members to identify and nominate qualified ethnic minority candidates for SIOP Fellow
Progress: Still at early stages
2. Support & Visibility
- To fix the CEMA list serv so members may join and network with one another
Progress: List serv is apparently working, but clarity is needed on how to join and to indentify who is hosting this.
- To raise the awareness of CEMA and celebrate the accomplishments of CEMA and members to students, academics and practitioners through various media channels and efforts of outreach
Progress: Will co-author article on THEO pre-SIOP event. Awaiting Facebook username/password information from previous chair.
- To raise the awareness of the I/O Profession to ethnic minority undergraduates and undergraduate psychology department chairs
Progress: Created pilot THEO Program: An Introduction to I-O Psychology. THEO (THe Educational Outreach)in coordination with Mikki Hebl and David Nershi and
3. CEMA Best Paper Award Fundraising
- To raise the required funds to support the Best Paper Award
Progress: Open to suggestions on fundraising and need to review sponsorship criteria. Can one donor or organization sponsor this award?
4. SIOP 2011 in Chicago
- Partner with the SIOP Program Chair to ensure that the CEMA business meeting does not conflict with the diversity/inclusion poster session
Progress: Concern has been expressed to SIOP Program Chair regarding the schedule conflict.
- To work with the SIOP Program chair to create symposia and panels that support diversity research
- To continue to plan events that allow ethnic minority members to meet and exchange ideas while leveraging the conference
- To continue the prominence of the CEMA Reception
Progress: In early stages and open to suggestions or even partnering with other groups or committees.