Placement Center and Jobnet Committee Goals and Progress Report Form
Committee Chair Name: Kevin Smith and Ryan O’Leary
Date: December 22, 2010
Committee Members: Stacey Lange, Steven Russell, Brian Bellenger, Nabila Sheikh
• All of the Placement Center/Jobnet committee goals focus on providing high-quality services to I-O Psychologists and Job seekers that are not found elsewhere. This supports strategic goal 3, specifically, focusing on support for SIOP members in their efforts to study, apply, and teach the principles, findings, and methods of I-O psychology.
1. Review usage data from 2010 conference and provide recommendations regarding operating hours for Placement Center.
Action: Review data and make recommendation. (By end of August)
Result: Usage data reviewed. 2011 operating hours will remain the same. The hours in the program need to be modified because of misprint from last year.
2. Identify placement center strengths and weaknesses. Make recommendations for changes, as appropriate. Make recommendations for changes, as appropriate.
Action: Analyze placement center evaluation survey data and make recommendations. (By end of August)
Result:Placement Center evaluation survey data has been analyzed and recommendations were submitted in August report.
3. Increase participation by local area groups for ‘11 Conference.
Action: Research I-O and other relevant employers in the Chicago area. Solicit local employer involvement at SIOP Chicago. (Research by end of December, Solicit beginning in February ongoing until Conference)
Result: Preliminary list of local employers has been compiled. The list will be refined and solicitations will begin in February.
4. Ensure Placement Center needs are accommodated by SIOP Chicago host hotel.
Action: Attend Winter Advance and perform a walk-through of location (January 2010)
5. Evaluate the implementation of new Jobnet and Placement Center functionality implementation and provide a report detailing prioritized recommendations for ’11.
Action: Consolidate lessons learned and feedback from committee members related to any implementation issues confronted during the ’10 placement center (By end of August).
Result:Evaluation survey results have informed enhancements to Placement Center's functionality. We have been working with Larry Nader and his programmer to ensure new enhancements are operational for the 2011 conference.
Updates or Comments From Chair:
None of the current committee members are willing to chair or co-chair the committee for '12 and '13. We are searching the volunteer database and working our professional networks to find the next chair. If anyone know of someone who would be interested in chairing this committee, please refer them to us!