Historian Committee Goals
Paul Levy, Chair
The 25th Anniversary of the conference is an extremely important event, and therefore, it makes sense for the History Committee to focus much of its energy this year on supporting, planning, and helping with the conference and other celebrations of the 25th Anniversary. Given that, here are a few goals related to the 25th Anniversary:
1) Interview(s) of the early leaders of the SIOP conference which would be shared in a TIP article or two (e.g., Stan Silverman, Irv Goldstein).
2) Assist in the preparation of posters to represent each year of the conference to be on display at the 25th Anniversary Conference.
3) Help in the organization of session(s) around the history of the conference and/or Society to be held at the 25th Anniversary Conference.
4) Assist in the coordination of other efforts that would highlight our history at the conference.
A final goal that has less to do with the conference or the 25th Anniversary:
5) Work with the former Presidents of SIOP to get more of their biographies completed. Our goal would be to complete these for the Presidents who served in the 1980s and 1990s. We would focus on the more recent Presidential biographies in the following year.