Placement Center and Jobnet Committee Goals and Progress Report Form
Committee Chair Name: Kevin Smith and Ryan O’Leary
Committee Members: Stacey Lange, Steven Russell, Brian Bellinger, Nabila Sheikh
· All of the Placement Center/Jobnet committee goals focus on providing high-quality services to I-O Psychologists and Job seekers that are not found elsewhere. This supports strategic goal 3, specifically, focusing on support for SIOP members in their efforts to study, apply, and teach the principles, findings, and methods of I-O psychology.
- Review usage data from 2010 conference and provide recommendations regarding operating hours for Placement Center.
Action: Review data and make recommendation. (By end of August)
- Identify placement center strengths and weaknesses. Make recommendations for changes, as appropriate. Make recommendations for changes, as appropriate.
Action:Analyze placement center evaluation survey data and make recommendations. (By end of August)
3. Increase participation by local area groups for ‘11 Conference.
Action: Research I/O and other relevant employers in the Chicago area. Solicit local employer involvement at SIOP Chicago. (Research by end of December, Solicit beginning in February ongoing until Conference)
- Ensure Placement Center needs are accommodated by SIOP Chicago host hotel.
Action: Attend Winter Advance and perform a walk-through of location (February 2010).
5. Evaluate the implementation of new Jobnet and Placement Center functionality implementation and provide a report detailing prioritized recommendations for ’11.
Action: Consolidate lessons learned and feedback from committee members related to any implementation issues confronted during the ’10 placement center (By end of August).
Updates or Comments From Chair:
Two former committee members have left the committee (Erin Swartout and Eric Kidwell). Steve Russell and Brian Bellinger has been added to the committee.