Visibility Committee Goals and Progress Report Form
Alexis A. Fink
May 25, 2010
X Goals Report
Returning: Anna Erickson, Cathie Murensky, Jenny Hoobler, Ken Lahti, Lauren Simon, Lisa Roberts, Mark Rose, Mueller, Lorin, Tatana Olsen, Uma Iyer
New: Christine Corbet, Dan Freschi, Jeff Jolton, Jennifer Deal, Kevin Kramer, Leila Starwich, Matt Millard, Valerie Sessa
Visibility Mission: To gain visibility with our target audiences through a variety of channels and tactics in order to help I/O Psychologists (and SIOP) be recognized as the premier professionals committed to advancing the science and practice of the psychology of work.
Strategic Planning Goals – in support of SIOP Goal 1: Visible and trusted authority on work-related psychology.
1. Objective: Establish a baseline of I-O/SIOP’s current visibility
Goal: Identify/Develop a set of metrics assessing I-O/SIOP’s visibility
Goal: Conduct a ‘marketplace insights’ study to track our brand awareness and visibility
Goal: Establish a process for ongoing, periodic assessment
2. Objective: Expand and deepen our network with relevant media channels & other relevant audiences
Goal: Identify key players in relevant media channels execute programs to build relationships (e.g., Media luncheon)
Goal: Identify and develop visibility channels in four key audience segments: academia, public policy, business community generally and HR community specifically
3. Objective: Conduct ongoing visibility efforts (placing a differential focus on psychology at large, human resources professionals and business leaders, public policy makers)
Goal: Work with the AO to generate press releases, web content, etc. to push key messages to target audiences.
Goal: Market the Fall Conference
Goal: Conduct public webinar
4. Objective: Define tools and processes to institutionalize visibility efforts
Goal: Work with the AO to develop and institutionalize processes and to archive visibility collateral (e.g., webinars)
Goal: Finalize and monitor visibility metrics
Updates or Comments From Chair:
- AY 2010 – 2011 planning meeting for Visibility Committee scheduled for June 7. Goals may be updated at that time
- Actively working with peer committee chairs on scope – the intersections and boundaries between Visibility and External Relations on the practitioner/industry side, and between Visibility and Educ & Training on the student side.