2012-2013 Continuing Education (CE) Committee Goals
Submitted by: Kevin Smith & Jacqueline Wall
Committee Members: Kevin Smith (Co-Chair), Jacqueline Wall (Co-Chair), Whitney Morgan, Kelly Slack, Sarah Walker
Comment by Chair: This is our second year co-chairing. As such, a new chair or co-chairs will be actively sought this year.
- Understand the Big Picture and Position for the Future
- Conduct a benchmarking study to better understand where SIOP’s CE practices fit within the much larger CE community. The study will benchmark across key program features and will ideally include the American Psychological Association (APA), a few related Divisions, and some leading providers (e.g., American Medical Association) outside of psychology.
- Develop additional strategies for assessment of learning, weigh pros and cons of adoption, and recommend way forward.
- Maintain Operational Effectiveness of Current Programs – APA and Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI)
- Complete renewal materials to remain an APA approved sponsor.
- Ensure the Leading Edge Consortium and Annual Conference result in the maximum number of CE opportunities for our members.
- Submit preapproval package to HRCI with a goal of only three sessions requiring additional information.
- Conduct an after action review after each major submission and document lessons learned for future submissions.
- Promote and monitor the performance of our first SIOP developed, online CE event – Ethics.
- Expand Programmatic Reach
- Launch first local partnership with Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington (PTC/MW).
- Develop a concept of operations for local partnerships in general based of initial experience with PTC/MW.