2012-2013 History Committee Goals and Actions
History Chair: Kevin T. Mahoney
Assistant Professor, I/O Psychology
Louisiana Tech University
Date: June 4, 2012
- Goal—Continue to obtain autobiographies from past SIOP Presidents, and to have the SIOP autobiographies more prominently featured or easier to access on siop.org
- Action: I will continue the work of previous SIOP History Chair, Paul Levy, in contacting past SIOP Presidents to write autobiographies, to be posted on SIOP.org. I would like to make it easier for people to locate these autobiographies. I plan to talk with Dave Nershi about this.
- Goal—Establish the SIOP Living History Series, an annual interview of a prominent I/O Psychologist at each SIOP Conference.
- Action: I have begun to reach out to candidates to see if they may be open to an interview at the Houston conference. I plan to focus on individuals who already plan on attending the conference. I will wait to hear back from SIOP before going further.
- Goal—To write a history-themed article for the TIP History Corner.
- Action: I will visit the Center for the History of Psychology, which houses the Archives of the History of American Psychology, in search of historical material in I/O Psychology. The goal will be to unearth ideas for writing a history article for TIP. I have also spoken with TIP Editor, Lisa Steelman, to learn details about writing for TIP’s History Corner.