2007-2008 CEMA Committee Report
1) We conducted nominations and submitted two nominees to the president of SIOP (Dr. Lois Tetrick) for two new positions on APA’s CEMA committee.
2) We will introduce the revised CEMA mentoring program at the 2008 conference. This program aims to gather information from graduate students attending the annual conference and matching them by interest with members (both applied and academic) who have volunteered to serve as mentors.
3) We are planning a succession plan to smooth the transition from Derek Avery to the new CEMA chair. Although we still do not know who the next CEMA chair will be, we aim to make the transition as seamless as possible.
4) We continue to seek and incorporate SIOP member feedback into the Diversity Report column in TIP. Feedback has been quite positive!
5) We continue to plan for diversity climate assessment of our membership. We have a small subcommittee in place. However, we believe this item needs to be discussed at the SIOP executive committee meeting at this year’s annual conference to get approval and begin implementation.
6) We are forming a subcommittee to introduce a CEMA best paper award in 2009. This award will recognize the best paper published in the calendar year regarding ethnic minority employees in the workplace.
Derek R. Avery