Report from the SIOP Publications Board
By Jose M. Cortina
In between phone calls to his attorney relating to his involvement with Bernie Madoff, David Vitter, the U.S. Attorney firings, AIG, and the Peanut Corporation of America, President Gary Latham asked me to chair a publications board that would be tasked with the following:
1. Develop a procedure for selecting the editor of Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice
2. Develop a procedure for selecting the editor of the Frontiers book series
3. Develop a procedure for selecting the editor of the Professional Practice book series
4. Develop a procedure for selecting the editor of the Evidence Based Practice book series
5. Develop a procedure for selecting the editor of TIP
6. Develop a procedure for selecting the members and chair of the board itself
In addition to appointing me to the board, President Latham also appointed Rich Klimoski, Scooter Libby, Dianna Stone, Karl Rove, John Campbell, Alberto Gonzalez, Lois Tetrick, Harriett Miers, Tom Lee, Monica Goodling, and Dov Eden. Mssrs. Libby, Rove, and Gonzalez, and Mmes. Miers and Goodling, though close personal friends of President Latham, were unable to participate as they were spending all of their time on the phone with Fred Fielding who is also, coincidentally, President Latham’s lawyer.
The rest of us devised systems for selecting editors of SIOP publications and for selecting members of the board itself. The Board is likely to be chaired by the newly created Publications Officer (Scott Highhouse. Scott wasn’t newly created. His position was. Scott is old as dirt.). The document containing these procedures will be discussed at the next meeting of the Executive Committee in April. If approved, it will be made available on the SIOP website right next to the banner ad for the Latham Legal Defense Fund.