APA Program Committee Progress Report
Chris Robert, APA Program Committee Chair (submitted 1/3/08)
The APA Program Committee is putting on a final push to construct the program (which needs to be finalized by Jan. 25). We received 57 submissions (both individual papers and symposia) which is an increase of 3 (+ 5%!) over last year. Final reviews are due from committee members on Jan. 4, 2008. Some of our other accomplishments:
- We asked the SIOP office to send an e-mail to Boston-area SIOP members, to specifically solicit submissions from locals.
- Commitment from J. Richard Hackman to be the Keynote Speaker for the division.
- Invitations to be invited speakers have been issued to Teresa Amabile and Rich Klimoski, and Gary Latham has been invited to give a “Presidential Address” for the division. This is something that was started last year, with Lois Tetrick, and could become a tradition.
- We have arranged to co-sponsor a session (with Consulting Psychology) involving Ruth Wageman and Richard Hackman, and another session involving Michael Beer.
- We have again coordinated with Division 5 to co-host a social hour. The College Board has agreed to help sponsor the event and has pledged $2000 (coordinated by Todd Little, Div. 5 Program Chair).
- Additional invited speakers and panels are being considered, and we expect additional invitations to be forthcoming by Jan. 11.
Chris Robert, on behalf of the APA program committee